Poll

r the wepons evenly balanced against eachother?

yes
17 (41.5%)
no
15 (36.6%)
kinda
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: are the weps overal even?  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Beowulf RB

• Major(1)
  • LOK AND LOAD MGS3
are the weps overal even?
« on: June 17, 2006, 11:55:26 pm »
plz vote
RED BERRETS 4 LIFE MGS3SO WOOT WOOT LETZ GO

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
Re: are the weps overal even?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 12:25:33 am »
If they were would we have this section of the forum?

Offline Rooster

• Major(1)
    • The Australian soldat community.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 07:02:08 am »
Owned.

Offline Drakor

• Major
  • ... Do I need to say it?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 07:31:23 am »
yes we would, If they werent, Would we need people TELLING us that its unballanced?

Seriously, I dont think their completly ballanced,very close i might say, but not completley.
100% of the people who see this signature will have visited http://Http://forums.soldat.pl. Put this in your signature if you like pie... or cake! :D

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:23:02 am »
I agree with Drakor. The weapons are very close to being balanced. A couple of unbalances: the spas is unstoppable (literally) up-close, and the m79 needs to have a delay or longer reload or something.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 08:42:49 am »

Hahahaa  :D

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:16:02 am »
i voted kinda since i think overall its a good mixture.  Each player has a choice of any weapon, and he/she can be good with it.  It's not like you catn be a good player with a certain weapon cause its overpowered. well, peoplemwill debate the m79, but i think the balance is decent. Minor tweaks needed
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Beowulf RB

• Major(1)
  • LOK AND LOAD MGS3
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 11:33:30 am »
geuss i need to rephrase my question: if ur playin a match thats 14 vs 14 and every1 had a diff wepon combo and the enemy wuz the same, how balanced would it be if went up against a random oppent I.E  mp5=knife vs random opponet who has............... FN mini and a chainsaw.
RED BERRETS 4 LIFE MGS3SO WOOT WOOT LETZ GO

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 02:59:49 pm »
Beowulf RB, you just described exactly the wrong way to look at weapon balancing.

The idea that any weapon should have an equal chance of success against another weapon, regardless of other factors, is not only impossible to realize; it would completely destroy the entire point of having multiple weapons to choose from to begin with.

Ideally, each weapon has a time and a place that is best suited for it.  For instance, I find Jungle to be excellent for using the Spas or MP5, while the FN Minimi is a good weapon to use in the Rok.  On the other hand, the FM Minimi isn't that great in Jungle, and the Spas and MP5 aren't as effective in the wide-open spaces of the Rok.

The key to truly enjoying Soldat is to take advantage of each weapon's strengths and weaknesses by knowing when and where to use what.  By using many different weapons, you not only limit your predictability, but you are better able to adapt to different situations.  Most importantly, though, you get to experience greater diversity in gameplay, which helps to keep the game fresh and interesting.

A weapon that is unbalanced is a weapon that is either too effective in too many roles, or one that is similarly ineffective.  It is this over/under-efficiency that prevents players from using more than one or two weapons.

In this my belief is firm, because it is exactly what I experienced in my transition from a beginner to (more or less) a veteran; I could explain this in further detail, as it is an integral part of my "Soldat Philosophy," but such a topic would be better elaborated upon elsewhere.

As for my opinion on the current state of the weapon balance: I consider it to be overall satisfactory, with the exception of the M79; as a weapon popularly chosen regardless of the in-game situation, it stands in the way of the true realization of the above-described ideal.  A second exception would be Realistic Mode, which would benefit tremendously from the addition its own default weapon balancing scheme.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 06:07:38 pm »

What are you talking about? I use it to smack down complaints. I think it's fine, just a little tipped in the direction of the M79.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 08:12:00 pm »
we have this section for people to let all their whining out in somewhere where its kept safe and will not be unleashed upon the game.

I bloody well hope not... people complaing about silly things

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 11:40:01 am »
nothing can be perfectly balanced. but it comes pretty close.

no spas is not unstoppable close range. even if it's good at close range it sucks at long range.

and please, for christ's sake, please, don't anyone say "omg socom is so unblaanced, weapons a re not abalanced!!!"

every weapon has it's advantages and disadvatanges and that's pretty much all you need to think.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 01:02:33 pm »
Seeing how I can own with every weapon, (except fists)  I think they're pretty balanced.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 10:14:54 pm »
Seeing how I can own with every weapon, (except fists) I think they're pretty balanced.

see, thats my point right now...if it's possible to be good with every weapon, obviously the balance is: A.) Good as it is or B.) needs minor adjustments to improve the balance
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline H31MU7

• Major
  • BOOM HEADSHOT!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 01:57:14 am »
They're kinda even all with there own strengths and weaknesses. ???

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 03:43:03 am »
Seeing how I can own with every weapon, (except fists)  I think they're pretty balanced.

Bleh. Fists are too weak. So unbalanced. Need more range, more power. Blah blah blah.

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 02:27:16 pm »
Might as well get rid of this topic. They obviously aren't balanced because (as you see) there are still like 100 ppl arguing about some weapon that is too good.

They're all pretty much balanced, with the secondary weapons kept as backup, except for the m79. That has to be fixed. The spas is only good for close, so you just go away from the spaser and they're helpless.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:32:49 pm by Mr. Jenkins »

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 12:07:28 am »
Weapons are only minorly unbalenced, and the reason why most people complain why weapons are MAJORLY screwed up on the balence factor is becuase of the Leet person using them.

People seem to be complaining becuase with the weapon they can use they can always be thwarted by another person.

for instance, Sniper on m79 and spas

Ruger and Fn and Ak on sniper.

and everything on minigun, i belive thats the only weapon that needs balencing :D

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 06:10:45 pm »
Hey now, you can kick a barret's ass with the minigun...  Although you can't say that "one out of ten ain't bad." ;)
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline Bitem

• Major
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 10:34:46 pm »
for me more o less i use desert eagles
and wen is a 1 vs 1 match
i think sniper and m79 have more ventage than the eagles
i dont know is my point of see
let school be at first guys  8)