Author Topic: knives rocks!!!11 maybe a bit too much?  (Read 20639 times)

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
Re: knives rocks!!!11 maybe a bit too much?
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2007, 05:09:30 pm »
Good man, why are you arguing against me then.
Also...why people choose knife over other secondaries?? (dont use answer such as I like it more, its more stylish... I mean the weapon itself)

feels like me vs legion of knife lovers...
Always remember the succubus...

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2007, 05:10:08 pm »
Because the knife doesn't need nerfed!

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2007, 05:19:59 pm »
Also...why people choose knife over other secondaries?? (dont use answer such as I like it more, its more stylish... I mean the weapon itself)

1. They like 1 hit kill without the need for sitting down with LAW
2. It's stylish (yes it IS an argument)
3. They trained with a knife and they find it FUN to play with it.
4. There is no better alternative from secondaries in their opinion.
5. It's good for given map/situation.
All of the above respectively. I prefer Socom because of a nice backup weapon in case I run out of ammo or need to finish someone. And because it is not used that much. And because it supplements deagles and spass nicely (it supplements every weapon but I like those 2 a bit more). And because it's fun.

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2007, 05:26:31 pm »
People forget that the Combat Knife has been nerfed already! Remember when you didn't even see them changing weapons and you were dead already?
Since you need to hold fire to gain throwing power with the knife, the weapon does its job like any other.
As you still see people use LAW and the Socom, why would the Combat Knife be overpowered?

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2007, 06:10:26 pm »

I am arguing against you because unlike you, I don't think the knife if overpowered. Some people use the knife because it fits their play style better, some use it because it is more convenient than any other secondaries when used with their main gun. Whatever the reason, I think knives are fine.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline freeloader

• Major(1)
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2007, 07:43:06 pm »
Dude your personal opinions are no proof for me. Show me a screenie, a video, show me someone who can own with knife against primaries etc, etc. I really don't care on how you feel the knife is overpowered if it doesn't match the reality.

you dont feel it because you are a knifer yourself.. I no knifer would say jeez that damn knife is so overpowered.
a knifer would say when he got killed hah gj but I bet I can stab you next time.

the 2nd guy has a overpowered weapon himself he will not realize how overpowered it is by getting killed by others with that weapon.

the first guy uses a different secondary so he would feel the difference in the weapons.

You are probably one of those people who feel every weapon is unfair except the weapon you use. "Your weapon is unfair because it's cheap one hit killer, mine takes ten hits omg"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:44:39 pm by freeloader »

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2007, 05:47:56 am »
Check out this topic:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=17750

It proves that all secondary's are used (almost as much as the knive). So there is no nerf needed.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2007, 09:02:04 am »
I laugh and you people that denies the fact that knife is a better secondary.

lol cant face the truth or you cant because if I do my knife will be nerfed... boohoo

Date Posted: October 31, 2007, 09:59:19 am
Dude your personal opinions are no proof for me. Show me a screenie, a video, show me someone who can own with knife against primaries etc, etc. I really don't care on how you feel the knife is overpowered if it doesn't match the reality.

you dont feel it because you are a knifer yourself.. I no knifer would say jeez that damn knife is so overpowered.
a knifer would say when he got killed hah gj but I bet I can stab you next time.

the 2nd guy has a overpowered weapon himself he will not realize how overpowered it is by getting killed by others with that weapon.

the first guy uses a different secondary so he would feel the difference in the weapons.

You are probably one of those people who feel every weapon is unfair except the weapon you use. "Your weapon is unfair because it's cheap one hit killer, mine takes ten hits omg"

nope, I use steyr, deagle, barrett and law.

I think good HK are very respectable, and also aks, but they just cant beat the might stream of bullet that AUG is able to produce.

good M79 is very respectable in my opinion. But it is easy to counter if you have some skill.

Deagle, kinda annoing at close, but if you stay away from him, easy kill. And have great respect for pplz that can snipe with it.(because they are compensating the weapons weakness with skill, not manipulating a weapon that has no counters(nade)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:04:17 am by excruciator »

Offline .Ryan.

• Soldier
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2007, 11:20:38 am »
Knife isnt so good in a 1v1 because both players are focused on each other and a knife kill is almost impossible, unless your playing a..lesser opponent.

It seems to be a better secondary in 4-4 or 5-5 matches or even crowded deathmatches. It's not that great in a 2v2 match when all 4 players are pro or semi pro level, it's just a bit useless really.

Socom kills in 5 bullets or something, but has a weak range, BUT it reloads extremely fast. If any weapon needs nerfing it could be this, 1 second extra reload time or something. Try knifing a knifer who has been knifing for a long time and expecting a knife to be throw at him..lolĀ  ::)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 11:51:25 am by .Ryan. »

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2007, 02:49:38 pm »
Try knifing a knifer who has been knifing for a long time and expecting a knife to be throw at him..lol  ::)
Holy sh*t, what a line..
But, indeed.. It's almost impossible, unless you're lucky.

Offline freeloader

• Major(1)
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2007, 03:07:25 pm »
So you can adapt against a M79, but not a knife? I'm sorry, but I don't see it.
Explain?

Offline ion1chaos

• Major(1)
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2007, 04:16:52 pm »
That dont matter! M79 is a primary! Knife is supposed to be weaker lolololol! r u noob?

(That was sarcasm by the way....)

No reason a secondary can't be as good as a primary. The diff is mainly that most secondaries are only good in quite specific situations, while primaries are more adaptable. For example, it's quite possible, though more difficult, for a barret to get a close kill, or for a spas to get a mid-far range kill. On the other hand, chainsaw has very specific usage area, and knife is very hard to use even mid range (impossible at far ranges...unless you're playing someone who's likely to fly into the knife almost as if on purpose....).

Knife is pretty hard to use. I know I find it so much more difficult to use only a knife compared to any other weapon (except law...I've never really used that, don't like the whole rocket thing). It's only very practical use is as a last resort.

Offline why123

• Major(1)
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2007, 02:52:07 am »
Being a 1 hit weapon, it has problems with hit register.
Can be thrown in the air, but if you miss you wont do a thing(obvious thing).
Can be picked up again, just like any other weapon ;S.
Fire while moving, just like soccom and saw.

I use knife as a secondary ONLY when using HK.
motion detector  PIR detector  smoke detector  gas detector

Offline .Ryan.

• Soldier
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2007, 11:47:13 am »
Being a 1 hit weapon, it has problems with hit register.

I disagree with that, knife doesnt seem to have any problems registering a hit. If it hits, its 99.9% always a kill, unless you hit without full power. Maybe that's what you ment?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2007, 11:53:47 am »
So you can adapt against a M79, but not a knife? I'm sorry, but I don't see it.
Explain?

well if the guy is holding the knife when he entered my screen(or vision range) I would notice right away and apply the neccesary tactics. But if he switches in the middle of a combat, I wouldnt have enough time to react or to move away(unless im on the ground) and I would be dead meat.

Date Posted: November 01, 2007, 12:50:31 pm
That dont matter! M79 is a primary! Knife is supposed to be weaker lolololol! r u noob?

(That was sarcasm by the way....)

No reason a secondary can't be as good as a primary. The diff is mainly that most secondaries are only good in quite specific situations, while primaries are more adaptable. For example, it's quite possible, though more difficult, for a barret to get a close kill, or for a spas to get a mid-far range kill. On the other hand, chainsaw has very specific usage area, and knife is very hard to use even mid range (impossible at far ranges...unless you're playing someone who's likely to fly into the knife almost as if on purpose....).

Knife is pretty hard to use. I know I find it so much more difficult to use only a knife compared to any other weapon (except law...I've never really used that, don't like the whole rocket thing). It's only very practical use is as a last resort.

I agree to everything you said except im a noob part. I strongly agree what you said about primarys that are more adaptable, and secondaries are situational, but there is a distanctive possibility that the knife might be too good at what its thing, which is
mid-close range.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2007, 05:04:40 pm »
Then stay away. Simple. Run backwards and spray. That's what I do.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2007, 06:31:53 pm »

LOL of course, but you it takes time to change your course in the air. Sometime doesnt work...like couple min ago I got knife killed 4 times in a row :/

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2007, 07:01:14 pm »

LOL of course, but you it takes time to change your course in the air. Sometime doesnt work...like couple min ago I got knife killed 4 times in a row :/
Eventually, you will learn how to keep them away. It's simple enough really. Stay horizontal to them, try not to be above or below them. There are occasions where being above or below is desirable, but usually, if you can just stay horizontal, it will be difficult for them to hit you.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2007, 08:56:34 pm »
The key is just distance really, and it's not that hard. You say you have skill and that isn't even in question, this is all about the weapons... Whether you can aim better than many people or not I don't think it matters, you obviously don't have the correct play style when facing a knife/ruger/anyone with nades and that is a huge factor in skill. The only sympathy you will get from me at all is on the ruger, a little bit. But I think the same arguement can be made for a few guns when used in skilled hands.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:58:50 pm by ElGato »
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2007, 05:10:50 pm »
Well if they change mid in fight  they need to take time to switch weapons and to throw knife (delay), so I don't see your problem here. If I change in fight to my socom and finish you off with it will you brag about it being overpowered?