Author Topic: What was wrong with the 1.2.1 balance?  (Read 12237 times)

Offline placid

• Major(1)
Re: What was wrong with the 1.2.1 balance?
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2007, 08:47:13 am »
It was, however, a joke.
QED.

not only was it a ****ty joke, but one at my expense.  how silly of me to not find it funny

however, I normally do find jokes at my expense to be funny, but only when they actually are funny, a young boy claiming he owned the thread is anything but funny
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:48:54 am by placid »

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2007, 12:20:15 pm »
Boy, not only did you not grasp the point of his post, you didn't grasp the point of mine.

Thats pretty impressive to be honest.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline placid

• Major(1)
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2007, 12:07:36 pm »
Boy, not only did you not grasp the point of his post, you didn't grasp the point of mine.

Thats pretty impressive to be honest.

This is ridiculously ironic considering how many of the points I was attempting to make flew completely over the heads of most everyone in this thread.

So as to avoid further confusion, I'm not talking about any of the points that I made which were argued against, but instead points I made either through sarcasm, or in plain view that went completely overlooked.

Looking back though, I suppose I still don't grasp the point of those posts, if there is one other than belittling those who disagree with you.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2007, 07:33:16 pm »
I am strictly against weapons being similar.

I see three groups, Autos, Semis, and One Hits. These should all excel in their own area, like autos being able to hold a line of fire on a target while dealing decent damage, semis dealing medium-good damage with a slower rate of fire, and One Hits being able to take down the target with excessive damage.

I feel that the only place to go from here is to buff.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2007, 10:34:17 pm »
Looking back though, I suppose I still don't grasp the point of those posts, if there is one other than belittling those who disagree with you.

You're stating arguements which are not only false but you're not even backing them up..
Besides won't you give it up already? You were proved wrong, what exactly is the point of constantly replying, do you really need to have the last word in this?
Primary school days are over, plz

Offline placid

• Major(1)
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2007, 09:16:01 am »

You're stating arguements which are not only false but you're not even backing them up..
Besides won't you give it up already? You were proved wrong, what exactly is the point of constantly replying, do you really need to have the last word in this?
Primary school days are over, plz

I'm the last person in this thread who could be accused of stating arguments without backing them up, that is utterly ridiculous.  Just a quick glance at this thread should tell you that.  I fail to see where I was proved wrong as well, care to point that out?

I feel that the only place to go from here is to buff.

I strongly agree with this, to help bring back the faster paced soldat.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 09:17:35 am by placid »

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »
Your argument was that soldat is no longer fun because it's slower paced.  And you backed that up with weapons being less powerful and less unique.  You failed to back up your statement about the weapons being less unique and were clearly shot down there.  Seriously dude though, just drop it and move on.

Offline placid

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2007, 03:18:59 pm »
Your argument was that soldat is no longer fun because it's slower paced.  And you backed that up with weapons being less powerful and less unique.  You failed to back up your statement about the weapons being less unique and were clearly shot down there.  Seriously dude though, just drop it and move on.

The very first sentence in this paragraph is wrong.  Others have posted the same thing, because for some reason it's very difficult to understand what I type.  I never said it's not fun, I said it's not as fun.  1.4 is fun, just not as fun as 1.2.  1.2 is clearly faster paced than 1.4, nobody has argued that.

I conceded my argument about uniqueness in weapons because it was silly how all my other arguments were overlooked because everyone jumped on the one they saw that they could possibly prove I was wrong about.

Your summary of my involvement in this thread is way off, maybe you should just drop it and move on?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:21:02 pm by placid »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2007, 03:29:06 pm »
You guys funny. Getting into who can concieve a joke better is just nonsense. Anyway, I think damage just isn't dealt fast enough any more. And I find it funny a bunch of people were just like "All that was used was ruger, all the autos almost, barret, and M79" That sounds like pretty dang close to all the guns. And I used MP5 at the time, it owned most guns if you ran crazily at them. I just liked it the most I guess.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline placid

• Major(1)
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2007, 09:50:13 am »
You guys funny. Getting into who can concieve a joke better is just nonsense. Anyway, I think damage just isn't dealt fast enough any more. And I find it funny a bunch of people were just like "All that was used was ruger, all the autos almost, barret, and M79" That sounds like pretty dang close to all the guns. And I used MP5 at the time, it owned most guns if you ran crazily at them. I just liked it the most I guess.

Exactly.  In 1.2, you really did see every weapon being used.  In 1.4, there are a few weapons you just don't see.  The minigun and steyr may not have been as popular in 1.2, but they were still used.  There were plenty of deagles/mp5s/aks/rugers/pumps/minimi's.  Of course you're always gonna see the m79 and barrett.

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2007, 07:14:42 pm »
Interestingly, every weapon is often used in Realistic TrenchWar.

Offline Madchal

• Camper
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2007, 05:59:45 am »
^Realistic and Normal are using two different weaponmods.

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2007, 08:12:26 pm »
Yeah, i have very few problems with the realistic mode. It is rather balanced. Im talking about normal mode. The 1.2 just seemed to play better for me. Everything is more powerful and less restrained. Sure, it could probably use a few fixes, but definitely no more than thre 1.4 balance does. What I like about it is that the 1 hit kill weapons were actually balanced in comparison with the autos. Autos kill faster, and the 1 hit kill weapons dont have all this complicated delay time and stuff.

Offline GNU

• Major
    • Australian Soldat Community
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2007, 12:17:37 am »
Even though this is over 2 months after the initial post, I just want to say that I find it awesome that someone who was never around to experience the greatness that was 1.2.1, tried it out and came to the correct conclusion.

1.2.1 rocks.

Offline why123

• Major(1)