Author Topic: searching for  (Read 1710 times)

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
searching for
« on: October 15, 2007, 02:09:17 am »
Hi, im looking for several styles of maps if anyone can help id be grateful.
ever played factory on deathmatch? does anyone know of a similer but slightly larger map?
I'm still looking for large infiltration maps, ones where the point is to infiltrate, not blast all your opponents to frak, anyone know any like this?
finaly, modern/realistic lanscapes. ive got a couple but i just love the feal of these maps, anyone recomend some?
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: searching for
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:21:19 pm »
Larger infs. and perhaps other kinds of maps that you're looking for might be here.

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 02:36:23 am »
thanks
ill have a look.
(looks) shameless self promotion, but with maps like that i think you can get away with it.
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 10:47:31 am »
I'm quite the fan of infiltration and ctf maps, one because they are pretty easy to waypoint..coughcough, and two because I just like the idea of infiltrating. I mostly make ctf and inf and maybe, if you give me a good enough idea of what you are looking for, I'll butcher that idea for you in Polyworks and out will come a map, hopefully for the better.

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:58:00 am »
thanks.
I'm looking for an Inf map where the point is not to kill everyone to grab the objective. one where you can avoid a lot of fighting possibilities if your careful.
the only one Ive found i had to convert from a really old one called bunker_number_07. the map had many different access points to a large and complex bunker.
to reach the objective it was safer to pick less guarded routes (the map was mainly for bot games) and avoid being spotted, going for weapons like a knife to avoid detection.
if you want more information then ask. OOI can you give me some tips for polyworks, i never got used to it after the original map maker (my maps still in limbo on this site somewhere and i really wish i could have made a perfect finished form of it).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:29:02 am by valion »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 12:53:52 am »
Hmm...I started a map like that where it was mainly where you had to sneak through air ducts to avoid enemies while the main battle was going on in the corridors below you. The design was horrible, but the idea was nice. I'll see if I can't revamp that sometime. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 04:10:10 am »
thanks

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 09:29:31 pm »
Ah, yes well I came up with a rather small version of what I meant. It's full of polybugs but it captures what I had in mind. Basically, there is a 3 story building, and 2 stairwells in the building. 3 hallways exist, each one having a duct up it. In these air ducts are little opening looking down upon the hallway beneath so that the Soldatens in the duct can have a chance to fire upon enemies and vis-versa. There is a little "hidden" room on the first stairwell that has a grenade and health spawn for extra comfort. On the 3rd story, there is a room at the end of the 3rd hallway and there, in that room is the flag.

Now all this is in smaller proportions that I'm sure you'd prefer, but this is what I had imagined originally. A sort of "splinter-cell" like map. The enemies stationed inside the building patrol back and forth in the hallways so that it gives you a slightly better chance in getting by, instead of having stationary gaurds.

Best of luck, and I'll have that map uploaded to this post in a bit. It has not scenery and is kinda badly done, but it gets the picture. You'll see. I'll spiffy it up quick before I post it up. From there on out, I guess the idea is yours. If you want to edit it to suit your needs further, feel free to do so. It's a bit cramped, so using the m79 is not too good of a idea.

Playing specs:
  • Play with 4-6 people on Bravo team
  • Play with 1-2 people on Alpha team
  • When you play, be Alpha team of course

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 09:05:33 am »
Wow, you're maps are alot better then any i've tried making. i have been trying to make one recently but map maker is just too pathetic now compared to what ive seen polyworks do.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 07:15:10 pm »
Well heres the map. Play in realistic mode or it kinda ruins the purpose. I'm sure you are aware of that though ;). I think I've said this before, but it isn't that big.

Screeny just for lookys:

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 11:46:50 am »
this is a great map, i can't wait to play the finished one. if i was a half decent map maker (which im not) id offer to help.
im good with waypoints tho if you ever need a hand with those.
small point tho, slightly small good for one against five games
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 12:03:24 pm by valion »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 03:42:38 pm »
If my new version, I plan to have the cliff continue to the left, there being a bravo camp, then to the left of the map, cliffs and a small alpha camp there. In this scenerio, you won't be thrown into a map without a small camp and allies of your own. I hope I can make this map decent enough ;). I've got some great ideas...I need to start using those 3Dish mapping tecniques that Wraithlike recently made me more aware of in his mapping tutorial that I skimmed. K, well thanks for motivation ;D.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:44:43 pm by Blacksheepboy »