Author Topic: Balanced Teams...  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: Balanced Teams...
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 12:06:33 pm »
Just going for the flag and then killing everyone defending it is fine, duh, but say Alpha captured Bravo's flag and is currently running it back to their base. Bravo is all dead and going to respawn in a second. A few Alpha teammates wait around the Bravo respawn area and simply kill Bravo the second they spawn and then have someone JUST SIT THERE NOT IN DANGER BECAUSE OF ALPHA'S SPAWN KILLING and wait for the flag with no means of Bravo being able to retaliate, that is downright anoying.

Yeah, and spawn killing stinks, but there does come a point when you're in enemy territory, and being a good team player means stalling the enemy so your FFC can make it safe. I generally try to wait for the enemy spawn to at least get the first shot or make a move, but then I'd be stupid to not retaliate afterward. What's a person to do? Go back to home base for some reason? It would be nice if there were some kind of option to reset starting positions after so many people die a second after spawning within a certain time frame, but I guess that's what the next map is for.

Offline Nylo

• Major(1)
Re: Balanced Teams...
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 10:02:14 am »
I switch to the other team when it has like a ZERO percent chance of winning.  Or if they were doing good before but lost some team members and are being overwhelmed. 

But most of the time I think it's fair-game when teams are unbalanced.  Like in life, the odds aren't always in your favor and a lot of the time both team-work and your own strategy move up to a higher level when you try to survive in such unforgiving environments. 

"I do not kill with my gun.  He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his Father.
...I aim with my mind. 
...I kill with my heart." 

--Stephen King
                                                          The Dark Tower III