Author Topic: DM in CTF work-around  (Read 763 times)

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
DM in CTF work-around
« on: August 10, 2007, 09:44:18 pm »
I was working on a Captain's Match script (realistic / survival) when I was going to choose the captains by having a quick 1-round DM but an issue came up that I did not notice right away, which is that team #0 acts like a real team, meaning if everybody is on that team, and somebody TKs (friendly fire enabled), "End of Round" comes up, and 4 seconds latter, everybody dies. Can anybody think of a work-around for this?
I have two ideas that I want to avoid:
1. Setting the gamemode to a DM, but it will kick everybody...
2. Making a bot join charlie or delta, and using MovePlayer on him to put him out of reach by humans. The only problem is that even if MovePlayer worked on bots, which it doesn't, is that his AI would still be enabled even if I moved him. Even if I didn't MovePlayer him and made it so he received no damage, he would still be part of the in-game arena (ctf_Ash I am using) and noobs in the server wouldn't know (sense people sometimes don't read server messages sent by scripting). Plus, obviously Soldat client - server communication is encrypted, but if it weren't, I could make a 'bot' player (that scripting thinks is human) join charlie or delta, and then MovePlayer would work... but impossible, and never will be I would bet on.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
Re: DM in CTF work-around
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 04:40:48 pm »
I don't understand.....I thought u didnt need FF on if u set the team to 0
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:19:17 pm »
I don't understand.....I thought u didnt need FF on if u set the team to 0
I mean its a teamed match (ctf) and when everybody is on  the same team, then "End of Round" comes up when one person kills another.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 07:22:55 am »
Place a bot on the roof of the map using my PlaceBot algorithm and a couple of RayCasts to find the actual roof of any map.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host