Author Topic: MP3 player runs multiple  (Read 1091 times)

Offline PoisonedV

• Major(1)
MP3 player runs multiple
« on: January 22, 2008, 11:06:31 pm »
I recently registered soldat and gained access to the in game MP3 player. Whenever I join a new server It starts another process. How do I get around that so I don't have several songs playing at once?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 01:14:13 am by PoisonedV »

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
Re: MP3 player runs multiple
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 03:31:49 am »
I have that too, but only if the playlist is quite big. With short playlists everything is just fine.

Offline PoisonedV

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:12:14 am »
I have that too, but only if the playlist is quite big. With short playlists everything is just fine.
Thanks for the tip, probably going to sort my genres into short little playlists then. Just wish my pink floyd was mp3, not flac

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:02:31 pm »
Soldat's integrated MP3 player has some flaws. If you continue to have problems with it, i suggest you get a dedicated music program (Like WinAMP, among others)
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline PoisonedV

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:06:43 pm »
Soldat's integrated MP3 player has some flaws. If you continue to have problems with it, i suggest you get a dedicated music program (Like WinAMP, among others)
Winamp really slows down my computer

Offline Boglizk

• Major
  • Climbing Soldier
    • http://boglizk.blinkenshell.org
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 09:10:12 am »

Winamp is indeed awful. Try foobar2000. People tend to dislike it for its looks (though its very modable) but it really uses a low amount of resources and supports alot of formats.
It's actually possible to see me in game now. lolno

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 09:54:18 am »

Winamp is indeed awful. Try foobar2000. People tend to dislike it for its looks (though its very modable) but it really uses a low amount of resources and supports alot of formats.
Depends on the bitrate of your files.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 11:18:24 am »
Just don't use WMP for your playlists. It works but likes to cut off the sound in Soldat unless you are very careful with how you start it up.
-=Gradius wuz you=-

El_Spec

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:40:05 am »
Soldat can't play certain Mp3s either because the file is somehow corrupted or it is in a format that Soldat cannot read.  Compressing the files sometimes helps but it isn't always guaranteed.