Author Topic: how about putting an announcer on the game especially on gathers & tournaments  (Read 1007 times)

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
i have an idea here guys ...how about putting an announcer in Gathers or on Tournaments  ;)

for a noob like me .....im just suggesting :-[

YES
or
NO

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
Which: "Gathers" or "Tournaments" are we talking, but if you're talking about the Soldat ones, Gathers and Tournaments were always the most annoying of finding information from, I don't know what you really mean buy an announcer, but if so, Yes and also...

MOVE TOPIC

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
No? That "Blue team scores" does that bit without having someone sitting there bored restating it.

Also, wrong section.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Kszchroink

• Soldier
  • black people
everything about this topic confuses and angers me
YOU! SHOOK ME ALLLL NIIIGHT LONG - Kurt Cobain
WHO TOOK MY AVATAR I'LL FIND MY AVATAR - Kurt Cobain

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Chat consoles tell everything.

x has got the Red Flag!

x scores for Bravo Team!

z has got the Red Flag!

b has returned the Red Flag!

And the kill consoles tells you who is killed or who you killed.

It already has a built-in announcement system. You're just trying to over-dramatize it.

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
He probably wants something like the Voiceovers on UT2k4 announcing that "Red team has the Flag". But those get annoying, and tbh, I think Soldat is fine without voiceovers. Nothing but Shot sounds, explosions, and the distinctive splat of a buddy getting his entrails spread over half the map by a barret.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
The final match in SCTFL could be narrated by Chakra or something.
Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
The final match in SCTFL could be narrated by Chakra or something.
Not if he bets on it again....
@ii

Offline GunPowder

• Major
  • That's all folks.
HE TOOK THE FLAG, HE'S RUNNING, RUNNING, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH, *disconnected wrong map version*
Bad idea..

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
The first complete SEC tournament had radio commentary over the finals, and there were quite a few listeners.

I guess it could be organised for the SCTFL finals, but it would need a working radio station with an already popular listener-base, because making it for only 50 people would not be worth the effort and energy put in. Spectating and commentating on a 40-60 minute long soldat match can be both tiring and boring you know.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
You could just replace the flag grab sounds with crap like "FLAG TAKEN".

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
Sounds like a mod. Now who has an annoying up and down radio personality voice to record those sounds?
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.