Author Topic: Infiltration - Erieka  (Read 1207 times)

El_Spec

Infiltration - Erieka
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:22 am »
This is my first Infiltration map.  I made this map with my "Map Scrap" method.  It takes place in a desert and has somewhat of an interesting layout.  Its hard to tell from the overview, but this made has a nice use of stretching and some shading.  Spraying, from the overview, isn't a problem.  I added spray blockers and if you play this map with the right people, it should be very fun.

Technical Information:
MapMaker:Soldat PolyWorks
Construction Time:30 Minutes
WayPointed:Yes
Supported Gamemodes:Infiltration
Custom Scenery:No
Custom Textures:No
Map Size:Medium
Number of Players:8 to 12
Map Number:12
Overall Appearance:7/10 C+

Overview Screenshot:
http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/42877/2004942457828954047_rs.jpg

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Infiltration - Erieka
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 06:27:08 pm »

Meh didn't feel like trying to describe it all on the forums. Would you like me to upload my small map revision? All it did was change a few waypoints and crate opacities.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:16:35 pm by Blacksheepboy »

El_Spec

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:34:54 pm »
It not that fun if you play it with bots and they tend to camp and remain in the same spots.  If you play this with the right people, they will camp on the platforms and Alpha will rush them with full force, mid-air and on ground.  Bravo needs to defend with everything they can and they have a stationary gun if needed.  It's actually quite balanced.

I'm still wondering why I placed several trees near Alpha's base.  I agree that they don't fit, but it isn't distracting.

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 06:55:47 pm »
Hmm not that bad of a map, tends to be a lot of spray when alpha gets the flag =/
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:18:27 pm »
Yes, with real people, the map would be fine ;D

Waypoint fix:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:45:16 pm by Blacksheepboy »

El_Spec

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 07:27:18 pm »
Yes, you may upload your version.  I knew the waypoint had some problems, but sometimes some bots would act normally, so I couldn't actually tell if it was a real problem that needed correcting.  Thanks for the feedback and comments.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 09:31:42 am »
I believe the map is a tiny bit short- well at least it could be a tad longer for the sake of Auld Lang Syne.
Instead of col4.bmps try using fence.bmp- works every time.
the background and overall feel is very desert- like but the difference between ctf and inf is that in infiltration you could and should put more detail on the difference of the bases. Overall there are 1.5 pathways to the black flag which means it will take a burning hell to reach it AND return safely without getting a few gaping holes in the back.
There should be a roof as far as I know.
The shading is decent, but the floating polygon islands could be darker at the bottom.

I would suggest an underground tunnel- a longer one and not at the alpha base, but closer to the bravo one. Bravo should have a base themselves, but not too close to the flag.