Author Topic: ctf_Pole  (Read 1184 times)

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
ctf_Pole
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:36:34 pm »
Spraying shouldn't be a problem with those big icicles. They also help limit m79 boosting. Again, this isn't final, just an interesting layout which probably needs a little graphical tweaking for EXTRA LOADS OF FUN HUH.

Date Posted: 15-02-2008, 11:36:03
Images...

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: ctf_Pole
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 03:04:44 pm »
The main route will still be one huge wall of bullets against another, counter-wall of bullets, and the top route favours M79 boosting pretty much. The covered underwater escape route seems like fun though. By the way, why didn't you shade the ice-platforms? It's not like they'd look stupid that way oO

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:55:40 pm »
When I tested it, the spray didn't really seem to be more of a problem than with other maps like run, voland, b2b, etc. For some reason, m79 boosting top is pretty useless, don't ask me why, it's like it doesn't really work (might be the really low jets).

About the mid platforms, I thought they looked more icy 100% white.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 04:35:49 pm »
Best friend of Barrett users.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

El_Spec

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 08:02:36 pm »
Far too spray-friendly, especially through the middle path.  Shading and visuals need huge improvements.  You can shade the underside of the platforms silver to a grayish color.  It also could go for a roof to prevent boosting on the top path.

Offline Cookiegangsta

• Soldier
  • I am the Best!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:00:09 am »
I don't like out, wasn't planned out right.
~no animaged sigs - Geo~

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:16:36 pm »
middle way is like a line, and different types of polys (deadly and hurt) sould be indicated somehow (maybe collors or scenerys)

with some work this should be fine
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 06:32:22 pm »
That's what's innovative in this map, what makes it UNIQUE. I wouldn't discard it until played in a clanwar or a gather (like every other map with potential).

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 06:34:19 pm »
That's what's innovative in this map, what makes it UNIQUE. I wouldn't discard it until played in a clanwar or a gather (like every other map with potential).

You can't say if your own map has potential. Everybody else can though. Where exactly should this map have potential? I mean the Cage map was really nice and unique, but this is definitely not...
It is extremely flat for starters. with one barrett shot you can swipe the whole enemy team off with the dust. Colouring- how about some minor cyan pigmentation?
Scenery- where did it go?

EDIT: if its crude and icy- why are there lava polys? Ice glows (fx_li_spot#.png etc)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:50:35 pm by Horve »

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 06:48:01 pm »
Of course you can tell if a map has potential, even if it's yours. There's very little scenery or coloring because it's supposed to be be crude and icy.