Author Topic: Continous smoke trail  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
Continous smoke trail
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:23:30 pm »
Currently, the LAW's smoke trail is broken into multiple particles, which make it seem unrealistic, what this suggestion will do is it will make the smoke trail continous, E.G., it won't break up, it would be more like 1 long semi-transparent line of smoke. So what do you think?

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
Re: Continous smoke trail
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:44:42 pm »
Then it'd just be a bullet trail.
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:33:53 pm »
I would like it if the smoke didn't go up, that really annoys me
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 05:59:06 pm »
Currently, the LAW's smoke trail is broken into multiple particles, which make it seem unrealistic, what this suggestion will do is it will make the smoke trail continous, E.G., it won't break up, it would be more like 1 long semi-transparent line of smoke. So what do you think?

The smoke trail is not linear, and thus is more suited to being a particle. Furthermore, why? This idea doesn't really have any worthwhile basis, the smoke acts exactly like the smoke should. The particle smoke is absolutely fine

I think what you would be more happy with is if it gave off more particles of smoke, making the trail look more contiguous.

If this really disrupts your playing then make the smoke particles larger by editing their BMPs.

Overall, I think the idea is unfounded and not worth the effort it would take to create/implement a system that can accomplish this. That, and soldat is not built as a realistic game.

ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:34:41 pm »
Would be nice if it actually looked more realistic, and at the same time not drawing so much attention that people start committing suicide over the fact that the game is ruined.  Imo, just do it.

Player since late 2007

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 08:17:25 am »
imo no.

If you want "linear" and not particle, you should first whine about explosions. But no, if you make Soldat non-particle, it's just not Soldat anymore. Go write your own game.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0