Author Topic: Burst Fire?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
Burst Fire?
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:03:44 pm »
Is it possible to make a weapon fire a 3-round burst instead of just full auto in soldat? The only way I could think of is to limit ammo to 3, put on a fast rate of fire, and make the reload time almost nothing... but that would allow someone to just keep on firing forever... does anybody know of a good way to do this?

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: Burst Fire?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:10:35 pm »
Not possible with Soldat alone. All I can think of is scripting an application that makes your pc register 3 clicks when you click once.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline CrashMan

• Major
  • ... Is that so?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52:54 pm »
The best you can do is like you said, but make the reload time something normal like... 120. You'd be firing 3 simultaneous shots every 3 seconds. The firing interval should balance out the lack of an actual reload time, there.

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 12:59:11 am »
i don't like the delay, but I guess it has to happen. I want the 30 round magazine, but i want it to have only 3-round burst... I wanna make an M-16A2.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:04:31 am »
You can make it but is a bit strange

You need to change the rate of fire to the time that you want to, just go testing how you want it
Then you modify the bullet to a 3 round brust, not so big or it will be bugged.

if you want i can try it for you

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:50:03 am »
We juct can only hope that in 1.5 there will be more options in weapons.ini :).

There's no way to do that well for now.

You need to change the rate of fire to the time that you want to, just go testing how you want it
Then you modify the bullet to a 3 round brust, not so big or it will be bugged.

if you want i can try it for you

It will work like single bullet I guess. If you mean that gostek is hited by solid-transparent-solid-transparent-solid, is should work like normal bullet. (Got to test it).

Date Posted: 15 May 2008, 13:11:42
Ok, I checked this. Those 3 bullets work like 1. You can make damage 3* but it's all sh*tworth. We need this thing in .ini.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:26:41 am »
Yes, we should have this on .ini, and i suposed that it would work like one :p

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 02:45:13 pm »
I suggested this in the suggestions forum way back and they all shot it down because they aren't modders.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline CrashMan

• Major
  • ... Is that so?
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 10:43:17 pm »
Now that I think about it, don't the Desert Eagles fire 2-shot bursts? My suggestion would be to play around with the DE settings to get what you want...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 01:00:46 am »
Now that I think about it, don't the Desert Eagles fire 2-shot bursts? My suggestion would be to play around with the DE settings to get what you want...

No, DEs don't fire in a 2-shot burst ; they fire two shots AT ONCE, just like how a shotgun fires 5 pellets at once. And there will definitely be flaws when using the DEs as a burst-fire automatic rifle ; it would appear as though the rifle could be kept into the pockets like pistols, and you will see two clips on the rifle.

So, I guess the best way is to set the bullet to a low amount and reload to a short amount and firing rate very high, though it would be great to see an actual burst-fire function moddable in weapons.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 10:22:40 am »
I also suggested this a while ago, only it just got ignored. .ini modding is one of the few things I'm good at in the mod scene; the lack of this feature is kinda...sad. And we all know that clip-bursting just doesn't work.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 10:25:30 am »
No, i don't think that what STM said would be good, because you just need to wait to have a gain the brust to kill, so its unbalanced because that would be more powerfull than the others.