Author Topic: Scriptcore 2.6.4 discussion  (Read 1065 times)

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
Scriptcore 2.6.4 discussion
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:42:31 pm »
If you have new ideas for the scriptcore, please post them here. Please do check if your idea is not already written down by someone else.

This topic is to discuss each others ideas and discuss the new functions that are already noted in the changelog. I am asuming the list is not finished, since i miss the new 'scriptpack' (wavs) functionality

I'll start of with the Mute and Flags possibilities for GetPlayerStat. Both of them seem very handy and can save us some scripting. Especially the mute is very handy, since Gmute is connected to an ip-adress. If you want to keep track of it yourself it is quite a lot of trouble.
Can anybody tell me why i would want to know the port that player uses, btw..

I'm also very happy that it's gonna be safe to use FileExists, that saves me some try-constructions.

Too bad that the gravity can only be adjusted for the whole server and not per player. Although this already opens up opportunities for new sub-games, i think that it would be way more if we would be able to adjust each players gravity.

Please discuss :)
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
Re: Scriptcore 2.6.4 discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 02:57:52 pm »
A lot of the new features will help a lot.. The port is for the Forward Client procedure which lets you send someone to another server through the server they are on(like this) which requires a port that the player connected on, but atm there isn't a function to get that so you have to hope the player connected with 23073.

Also I hope the options to draw to the areas on the map will be added because that will open a lot more possibilities to make different game modes(like missions)
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 12:34:08 pm »
where is the changelog? someone told me the changelog is out, but its not on the news :(
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »
Too bad that the gravity can only be adjusted for the whole server and not per player. Although this already opens up opportunities for new sub-games, i think that it would be way more if we would be able to adjust each players gravity.

I think, If the gravity strength can be set for per player then that will cause to born of gravity hacks.

(Sorry for bad English)
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 05:55:12 pm »
- Modified Rambo Bows may no longer be spawned using ForceWeapon
I thought that would happen only outside of RM, but it seems that won't be able at all
My tag mod is ruined :'(
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade