Author Topic: Another Request to all mapmakers!  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
Another Request to all mapmakers!
« on: July 16, 2006, 02:12:58 am »
yeah.. im back with another request for all mapmakers, and once again for racing maps. I am planning to run the Racing Tournament 2 relatively soon, and it would be nice to have some new maps for it. The first one was pretty succesful, 17-18 people participated and everyone had fun. I expect this one to be bigger because the map download problems prevented alot of people from participating last time.

So anyways, in terms of the maps. Its best if they are marathon type racing maps, there are alot of short 20-40 second maps already, we need some long 2-4 minute maps to add some variety. Also it would be great if there are obstacles or some things which make the map unique, rather tthan just a straightforward route to the finish. Generally no jets makes for a better racing map, but that is not required. Also, these are racing maps, not training maps, so if you do add death polygons, make sure they arent hard to overcome, they should be easy to overcome actually.

Thanks to everyone that helps. Please post a link here to your thread if you decide to make a map.

Heres the archived post of the last tournament: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=31751.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Another Request to all mapmakers!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 03:05:38 am »
Cool!  I might join..

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 03:09:27 am »
I'm in.

The deadline?
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 09:35:43 am »
Thats cool.Where could we join?
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 09:47:30 am »
Would a retardedly easy kz map with no death polys work? I'm talking about one that XxX---ShadOW-NINjA-sNIPEr-robOT-CybORg-sAmUraI-UBEr-sEX-MAstA-jeW---XxX could even beat, with some help.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 03:58:47 am »
I'm in.

The deadline?

Theres no deadline but I would suggest having the maps completed in about 2 weeks.

Thats cool.Where could we join?

If your talking about joining the tournament, you have to wait until I open signups. If your talking about joining the map-making request, you dont have to.. just make the map and post the link here.

Date Posted: July 16, 2006, 02:54:00 PM
add
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 03:00:18 am »
I finished my race map, ctf_rce_Insane.
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 04:11:36 pm »
Ill make one it be a DARK eveil race ahahahah

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 03:42:07 pm »
hmmm... I would like to participate in the actual contest if possible... Ill make a map.
Do there have to be 2 symmetrical routes, for both teams?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 03:44:17 pm by iDante »

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 12:14:00 am »
hmmm... I would like to participate in the actual contest if possible... Ill make a map.
Do there have to be 2 symmetrical routes, for both teams?

No, If you dont know what racing maps are, please download this mappack to check some of them out. Basically theres only 1 route, the first person to get to a spot where both flags are and caps wins the game. Theres usually obstacles and stuff in the way to slow people down.

I appreciate the fact that you will be making/attemping to make a map for us, its truly helpful.

Heres the mappack: http://www.slibby.net/rcemappack.rar
-Albert Einstien

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 05:50:30 pm »
hmm... I made the map, peeps say they like it, check it out. Is there an opening in the tournament for me? If so count me in.