Author Topic: Need advice (Zombie map)  (Read 2319 times)

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Need advice (Zombie map)
« on: October 04, 2008, 04:54:04 pm »
Well, after playing the "typical" zombie maps, usually being one-sided maps, I decided to change something this, I mean, having 2 ways to go, making the gameplay more interesting, that is what I am looking for, that's why I made this map.
I wanna any advice you can give me to make of this piece of crap a good map.

If you need the whole map just tell me.

By the way, I added these kind of mountains (overview 2), so the map isn't so flat now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:25:00 pm by ~Niko~ »

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
  • WHAT? I can't hear you!
Re: Need advice (Zombie map)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:53:14 pm »
when i saw multiple paths, i thought you meant two ways to get the flag. i don't see why anyone would run twords just a bunch of spawns, IMO. good mapping, however. i just really don't see why people would go right.

keep at it, though! i like it. it looks like it could be a really good DM map.

by the way, how do you program zombies? or is that the server that does it?
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 06:29:24 pm »
erm, the right way ISN'T MEANT GO TO TROUGH, (anyways, there's a flame god bonus at the edge of the map  ::)) it's just to make the zombies go across until reach the base, WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO. Is to deffend the base from this attack, while simultaneously you try to catch the flag at left, is it that hard to understand?
by the way, how do you program zombies? or is that the server that does it?
Zombies are just a bunch or Boogie Mans with saws who like to rape young chlidren.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 06:34:09 pm by ~Niko~ »

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 06:42:40 pm »
oh. i just thought what you meant was two paths like that feed map of yours.
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:45:21 pm »
oh. i just thought what you meant was two paths like that feed map of yours.

You could either mean Horve's inf_Fear

-or-

ElSpec774's inf_feed

Offline Ekoz

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 06:46:27 pm »
feed. fear is one-path, if i'm correct. in feed, there is the high and low path, however. i thought he meant something like that.
Maps o' mine

My Mappack
Alt_er

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 06:57:36 pm »
the point of this map is the stress to keep the base clean of zombies, while some of your teammates try to get the flag and come back alive, if the zombies reach the base, you all are done, because there is not much where to cover, just some bunker.bmp, and simple towers I made to get there up.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 07:07:27 pm »
A challenging and fun map would be a layout like this, with Alpha spawning in the middle with small amounts of cover, and a bunker.
On both sides up on the hill would be a zombie spawn, 1 on each side, with a bullet only collider keeping them, and alpha, from going past their designated spawn areas.

Ofcourse for this, the bots would need to be given weapons for the extra "OH FUCK ME HARD" effect, which would cause more challenge and help advance you- "Damnit, I am stuck in a bunker surrounded by child molesting retards with semi-automatic rifles" skill.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 07:13:30 pm »
"Damnit, I am stuck in a bunker surrounded by child molesting retards with semi-automatic rifles"
yea that's the point of the map.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 07:15:55 pm »
I don't really get zombie maps, they are so similar. A windy path, or bumpy ground.
Playing zombie matches is fun though.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 08:13:50 pm »
Well, after playing the "typical" zombie maps, usually being one-sided maps, I decided to change something this, I mean, having 2 ways to go, making the gameplay more interesting, that is what I am looking for, that's why I made this map.

Yet it's still a one-way map -- Alpha spawns, grabs the Bravo flag to the left, and returns it back home on the right. The vast majority of zombie maps are one-way to help keep the bots threatening the players as well as to work within waypoint limitations.

Blacksheepboy's Sandstein has a brilliant layout that I believe is more in mind with what you are aiming to create versus what you've presented here.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 08:20:34 pm »
Link?
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 08:32:21 pm »
Okay! Attached is a picture of a sexy drawing I made giving an idea of a could-be zombie map setting. (As I explained in my last post) :P

Pretty much a more challenging Duck hunt type thing for zombies. It would take less waypointing than normal CTF and give Alpha more of a challenge to get the flag.  [retard]
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 08:33:13 pm »
Link?

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=25521.0

Only link I could find that's closest to the version at !Elite Zombie.

As for the map Niko, I'd remove that hill, bots will take too long to climb through it.  I do like this idea though, it's different from the current zombie maps.  Most of them are either linear or have basic layouts like my INF_Feed, which is a crap map anyway.

I'd also shrink this map by maybe 50%.  And you don't really need all of those platforms and spawns in the left side of the map.

Also, to make things a bit more interesting and a bit more of a challenge, I'd curve the entire map like the bottom half of a circle.  So it'll be that Alpha players have to climb steep edges while zombies constantly hurl full speed at you.

And you're fine with visuals, so I already know this will visually-dazzling. ;D

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 03:59:54 am »
Ok, I am gonna redo the map layout, gonna make it like a valley, like ElSpec said, and I'll put the red flag in >> edge, and will remove the spike pit, that will make the map, more interesting overall, because the team will have to half and keep out the zombies of the base while you get to the flag and cap.

Here we go: A newer version of the map, now it's hilly and challenging, not made at all yet:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:09:47 am by ~Niko~ »

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 11:00:34 am »
This map will honestly suck if you have a bad team, but I look forward to playing this, looks fun.

The parachute spawns are unnecessary.  And it still seems a bit too large, 20% size reduction?

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 11:09:08 am »
I already resized it to 80%... got better, but I want a big, huge mountain, hard to get to the top.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 11:10:08 am »
Oh, never mind then, didn't seem like it was re-sized enough.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 01:06:25 pm »
Newer version, (4)

Its almost waypointed, it works fine, and now i'll add the sceneries to the map, not many though.

You can't appreciate much because the map is huge.