Author Topic: ctf_Flagrace  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
ctf_Flagrace
« on: August 02, 2008, 05:40:17 am »
This one is probably my next one. The idea is getting flag and throwing it immediately to center. I guess it's an old idea but I don't know any maps which uses the idea and also plays well, where im heading at. The map is little it's a bit bigger than ctf_Death2. Where I'm needing ideas? I'm not satisfied with spawn place cos spawnkill is possible, maybe multispawn where players spawn in different locations (like nuubia), but dunno. Also the spraying from spawn to bridge might be an issue, but I think I can handle it with colliders and other staff. Anyway, you are free to speak anything that map brings to your mind. Also some nice theme suggestions for look would be nice to hear.

I can show u where im going on. The idea was ok, but gameplay wasn't as fun as I thought, gameplay stopped at center, also turning to flags was ugly...

ver 2.

I've considered to change this map to htf, but I'm not experienced with that mod. So u guys could give me hint: New ideas? what about changing to htf?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:31:24 am by Suowarrior »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: ctf_Flagrace
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 05:45:32 am »
I love the idea. Could help bring more teamwork into games. The layout of the map needs some fixing up (want me to go into this map in particular?), but I really like the overall idea.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 06:06:15 am »
I mean speak free, about map idea, gameplay issues. The thing im looking for ur suggestions for spawnplacing, spray stopping and for theme (I'm bored with easy jungle theme). When giving suggestions: words are ok but screens are the best.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 02:18:38 pm »
I could say one thing right now: This map has a lot of sniping opportunity. Was that intended?

Offline Eury

• Major(1)
  • G!C.Eury.NZ - Eury.Nomos@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 02:02:13 am »
I like this map, good idea.

But when i first saw it, i thought it was inverted, so you would run, grab the enemy flag and throw it down. Your team in the middle would catch it and try to push it into the enemy base to score without it getting returned. You could even add another few paths separated by colliders that dont stop bullets/flags so you can throw the flag between paths and catch it again. Make the floor the same stuff so if a teammate doesnt catch the flag it is lost and you start again. And put bullet colliders over the start of the paths to stop spawn killing.

Works well your way too, though, good idea. I might go try make the inverted version now, though im crap and mapmaking.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 03:21:41 am »
Well now that u pulled my topic up. I can show u where im going on. The idea was ok, but gameplay wasn't as fun as I thought, gameplay stopped at center, also turning to flags was ugly...

Then I made another version with new top route, but I believe it doens't work so good either...

I've considered to change this map to htf, but I'm not experienced with that mod. So u guys could give me hint: New ideas? what about changing to htf?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:32:01 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Eury

• Major(1)
  • G!C.Eury.NZ - Eury.Nomos@hotmail.com
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 03:28:33 am »
Well, I got bored so decided to put a little work in and got this.

Its crap, like i said before Im bad at map making, but thats basically what i was thinking of. Youve gotta pass the flag down through the player colliders.

I like the look of your map, haven't played it yet, now that you mention it though it does seem like everything would just kinda get stuck in center.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 03:35:10 am »
I'm very little interested in this map... Got about 5 maps on process before this atm. But well if u guys agree that it might be better at htf. It could be done pretty fast.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 05:35:12 pm »
ctf_cats is another map like this in general; flag spawns are closer to the center of the map than the teamspawns.

It's difficult to determine, but those "sniping opportunities" places are rather placed so the game would last longer than ctf_canti and it's multi-caps opportunities, and bigger than ctf_cats.

I'm just saying this because I missed this topic before :(