Author Topic: ctf iloli  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
ctf iloli
« on: May 07, 2009, 06:50:03 pm »
Style look familiar? Yeah, the idea is rather a ripoff of Vig's inf_Fear. I just really like how team-orientated most of the map is. Map originally was going to be a test on how 'team playing' can be properly orientated into a map.

click

DarkCrusade

Re: ctf iloli
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:12:14 am »
Isn´t it a little bit small?

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:17:35 am »
Why do you almost copy it "as it is" instead of getting the main points to make another map likely to his?

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:23:33 pm »
Why do you almost copy it "as it is" instead of getting the main points to make another map likely to his?

So what you're saying is... why copy his map when I could make a map similar to his..?

Er btw, this map is kinda a test.  Sorta an idea.  My question would be, what components make for a good zombie map?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 02:25:32 am »
If you have tunnels or castles, try to make it difficulter with advantages for the zombies and not for the human players. Zombies use only the chainsaw slicing everything in front of him, so they need to come there. To make it easier for them simply make curves in tunnels where you cant shoot them from high distance but at low range (that´s why most zombieplayers use the HK MP5), in castles use high angles like you already did. Zombies falling down a hole or a chamber are harder to kill, if you want to have a really hard part on your map simply make long chambers :) An other advantage for zombies are bridges with OPC polygons. Grenades and Bullets cant do ricochets on those bridges, you will miss more and especially if you are using a M79. A map should contain several different spawns the zombies can come on the map, it makes it more difficult to know where they will appear next. Making a place of collection is also something that can make a zombiemap hard. If there are 8 or more zombies and the noobs in your team kill them all they will spawn everywhere they could, what makes it really hard to come to the zombies base for your team. To finish this: There are many ways to make a zombiemap hard, experimenting with those elements will give you a good feeling what to set where on the map.

Hope I could help [pigtail]

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 11:10:35 am »
Certainly.  I've been trying to beat Half-Life 2 lately.. I think I'll transform this into a map that uses components from your post, HL2, and will attempt to feature the better of some of Vig's zombie maps (aka good teamwork areas).

No promises though :-X