Author Topic: Prehistoric Swamp  (Read 2451 times)

DarkCrusade

Prehistoric Swamp
« on: October 14, 2010, 02:14:02 am »
Prehistoric Swamp

Had been in development over months. I just felt like finally finishing it, so I did. And here it is!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:01:24 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
Re: Prehistoric Swamp
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:52:22 am »
Well you have really pruned scenery, but it looks good in it's simplicity. I haven't played it yet so I have no more to say at this time.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:47:31 pm »
Well just a few things to say about this map. It's nice and small and simple-looking. The polygon placement and shading are in a similar style to KamikazeDuck (we all miss him, don't we?).

The fx_p_clouds used as smoke for the volcanoes are really laggy, and they don't look...right. You could replace them with any of fx_vtt_smoke1-25 for starters. :)

And there are random Only Players Collide in the layout, other than the invisible ones up at top. Guessing those are supposed to be Ice instead of OPC...oh well.

Nice DM map, imo ;)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 11:30:01 am »
KamikazeDuck (we all miss him, don't we?).

Damn right. Was playing his explore maps the other day

Anyway, my first impression of this map was, "Nice atmosphere, but I don't really care for the name..." Silliness aside, I'll download and mess with it when I get home.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:02:28 pm by Blacksheepboy »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 11:43:19 am »
Oh man.. is anyone still in contact with KamikazeDuck?

@Ninja: Thanks for the report, I'll upload a version with less OPC polygons in a few minutes :P But don't expect me to change the fx_p_clouds.. I'm done with the map.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 02:19:07 pm »
Hey,

I like your map because it is smooth and simple, and the visuals are subtle and lush. It reminded me of Mr. Snowman as well. Do you want me to give you a waypointed version? Admittedly, I also moved the spawns around and change the fx_fog on the bottom to 'back' (because gosteks were too dark).

Thanks for taking the time to work this map out.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 02:44:41 pm »
I like what you did with the spawns! Thumbs up for the waypoint as well, they look like they'll work well :) If you send me the new archive I'll update my first post. Thanks for your help ;)

Edit: Thanks to Blacksheepboy, the map now has waypoints!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:45:12 pm by DarkCrusade »