Author Topic: For those times when you want to break away from 2d for a while...  (Read 706 times)

Offline Snow

• Camper
I love Soldat, but sometimes I want to do FPS. Unfortunately the garbage that is Halo, Modern Warfare, Unreal 3, just don't do it for me. Plus you can't jet around in them (well sort of with vehicles). I used to be a big fan of the Tribes series. I missed the time when Tribes 1 was at it's peak, but when I got into the games, I really enjoyed them. Tribes was epic. You had equipment, an awesome inventory system, and the game required good team strategy.

Recently I got into Legions:Fallen Empires which was a game inspired by Tribes. But, as usual, a good game comes along and then there had to be trouble. The site it was on, closed it's doors. (It was a browser-launched game - like Quake Live) So, it's been down for a while. Luckily, the source of the game was given to some developers who hope to release it for free soon at www.legionsoverdrive.com. In the mean time, I decided to check up on a game I hadn't played for a while, which also embodies the spirit of Tribes - if not a good sequel for sure: http://legendsthegame.net/.

I played Legends a couple of times when servers were more active and I really liked it. Sadly, there's not many players any more which is a real shame. It's a free game, but theres no money or resources to really promote it. A few hardcore players still hang around the forums.

So, I thought I would post about it here. I know in most cases when a game gets to the point of becoming lost in memory - that usually means it was a sucky game and it's players got bored. This is not the case. I think in Legends case it was just bad timing and since Tribes was old and not played anymore by most, no one was looking for another Tribes game or to relive the old days of 166MHz on 56k back in 98,99. Since it was a free game - again, no resources to promote it - no profits coming in.

So, go and try it out. If you like it, become part of their community as well and help support the game and support interest in it. Legends is a quality game, just like Soldat is, so I think you'd appreciate it. It is definitely not simple and dumbed down like Halo.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
Re: For those times when you want to break away from 2d for a while...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:50:30 pm »
L:FE was something I tried to get in my hands little time ago, but it seem'd like it had already turned into that chimp parade. Looking forward to this overdrive thing.

Offline Meteorisch

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 05:01:46 pm »
go play wow and buy a fly mount huuraay you can fly
www.idunwantanpage.com
Clicking this increases your IQ oh wait.

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 02:32:45 am »
go play wow and buy a fly mount huuraay you can fly
go to a hardware store and buy some rope huuraay you can kill yourself