Author Topic: Practice Exercise.  (Read 2543 times)

Offline zase8

• Major
Practice Exercise.
« on: October 12, 2006, 02:33:25 pm »
I don't know if this has been suggested, or anyone else has already thought of this. But I've found a pretty good way to improve your skills with autos. Basically in the weapons.ini file, make your auto like the Barrett. So that it takes one hit to kill and has a very slow fire interval. Just remove the delay. Then go practice with bots. You will see how bad your accuracy is, and how much room there is for improvement. I think this method is helping me. It helps me master the bullet trajectory of my weapon. It also develops that "first shot must count" instinct. So what do you all think? Is this a good way to practice or not?

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: Practice Exercise.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 02:40:34 pm »
Not bad at all. Actually, quite a good idea, minus the fact that the bots will rape you on sight. Maybe this should only be used with zombie bots?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:00:50 pm »
I don't totally understand.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 03:16:25 pm »
I like this idea alot. Im gunna try it when i get the chance..
There are other worlds than these

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:18:50 pm »
since i already pwnify with 1.2.1 barret, this doesnt help me improve
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 03:38:09 pm »
Well this idea is mainly for autos. It won't help you improve your barrett or m79 skills. And I don't think it will give you much help if you are using ruger/deagles/spas. But for autos, people tend to spray and align their aim after the first few shots have fired. This is a huge waste of time and ammo. Also it is hard to familiarize your self with an autos trajectory path, because they shoot alot of bullets, and a few missed shots don't seem to bother people. While those few missed shots make all the diffrence between life and death.

The bots do rape you at first, but then you get better. I improved significantly against the bots. It's good to play on big open maps, where the target isn't always on the ground. Makes it even harder to aim.

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 05:50:20 pm »
I rather liked that, considering I play RS pretty much exclusively this could really help me. Thanks for the tip.

Kobra

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 06:06:25 pm »
Why won't you just keep with the old shot-by-shot method (mostly with steyr) ?

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 06:12:42 pm »
After I reread your post, I figured out your idea (stupid me). I've done it before, and it does work. It is an excellent way to
master the bullet trajectory (of an auto)

But the "first shot must count" might not really be an important aspect with autos. It would help more rather with Agility and dodging spray as best as possible.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 08:12:55 pm »
Nice idea.

to get better with any weapon, I use a specially designed level I made that has 2 target ranges and one fenced-in bot targeting range, where I can shoot down bots as they fly around in circles inside a closed space. :D

It works wonderfully.
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline .neten k!ng`

• Major
  • I am a moron
    • PivotNet
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 12:17:57 am »

Since we use 1.3.1 now, i smite you.

I don't totally understand.

Since you obviously didnt read the topic, i smite you.

----

This idea is pretty good, i use a similar technique with the knife, i use that crate trick and get like 10 knives with the the normal Dodgeball speed and throw them at bots stuck in a box to get my accuracy up

<m00`> i bet jews dont have a penis
<m00`> i bet they reproduce with their poo

Offline The Meaning

• Major(1)
  • Cynisism is A-Ok
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 08:24:18 pm »
Great idea. I'm gonna try it.
Video games do not affect kids. If Pacman affected kids, all that kids would do is sit in a dark room eating pills while listening to repetitive music.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 02:36:24 am »
Nice idea.

to get better with any weapon, I use a specially designed level I made that has 2 target ranges and one fenced-in bot targeting range, where I can shoot down bots as they fly around in circles inside a closed space. :D

It works wonderfully.
send it to the maps section, I want to see that map released!

And, I'm gonna try this out. I really need to improve my skill
Just another soul to burn.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:54 am »
I don't know if this has been suggested, or anyone else has already thought of this. But I've found a pretty good way to improve your skills with autos. Basically in the weapons.ini file, make your auto like the Barrett. So that it takes one hit to kill and has a very slow fire interval. Just remove the delay. Then go practice with bots. You will see how bad your accuracy is, and how much room there is for improvement. I think this method is helping me. It helps me master the bullet trajectory of my weapon. It also develops that "first shot must count" instinct. So what do you all think? Is this a good way to practice or not?
I'm already good with the one barret, so making an auto a barret does not help me with an auto or a barret.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 02:30:12 pm »

This idea is pretty good, i use a similar technique with the knife, i use that crate trick and get like 10 knives with the the normal Dodgeball speed and throw them at bots stuck in a box to get my accuracy up

nice tip man, now I can regain my long-lost abilities with steyr !!!!!

by the way, how do u get bunch of knives????
Always remember the succubus...

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 02:31:26 pm »
I'm already good with the one barret, so making an auto a barret does not help me with an auto or a barret.

Density, FTW! It for training with autos, twat. Think before you type.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 10:29:02 pm »
Density, FTW! It for training with autos, twat. Think before you type.

It was a simple mistake.  Stop being an ass.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:34:40 pm »
Nice idea.

It works wonderfully.
send it to the maps section, I want to see that map released!

And, I'm gonna try this out. I really need to improve my skill

Its not that hard to make really. And not only that but I had to reinstall soldat yesterday, and forgot to take out that map before I deleted it :<
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 03:23:46 pm »

Since we use 1.3.1 now, i smite you.
What type of retarded sloth are you? How many times do i have to say the same thing before someone actually considers what i am saying? I already explained that since all he is doing is making it exactly like a barret, and i am already good with a barret, it isn't at all helpful, Besides, autos rely on a different form of accuracy, use a short burst of fire and keep bink down and you will not suck so much with the autos.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 05:09:22 pm »
Actually if you do what I told you, the auto won't be anything like the barrett. I didn't change the speed. So it's bullets won't go in a straight line like the barrett's bullets do (I know barretts bullets don't shoot in a completly straight line, they cruves too just not as much). This means the autos still have a high curved arc. This makes it alot harder to aim than the barrett. The whole point of doing this is to familiarize yourself with your auto's bullet path.