Author Topic: I might return to my old love.  (Read 5858 times)

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
Re: I might return to my old love.
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 12:53:31 pm »
People actually aim with automatic weapons? Wow. I just point and fire long bursts and slaughter things without remorse. Bwahaha.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 03:16:42 pm »
That's the problem with the Hk Mp5. It's stupid low speed. Eventhough it does more damage than Steyr and even the Minimi, it's shots lose momentum very fast and the damage goes alot with the distance. I can't find the perfect auto for me. I love how the Hk Mp5, at close range kills a LOT faster than the other autos. But at a distance it's completly useless. The other autos have distance, but they take way too long to kill.

The Ak has aweomse damage, and descent bullet speed, slower than Steyr and Minimi, but good enough. It has nice accuracy. But the RoF is so slow, out of all the autos it takes the longest to kill.

Steyr has the lowest damage out of all the autos, but it has the second highest bullet speed, the second highest RoF and second fastest reload.

Minimi has low damage but it has the highest bullet speed, the RoF isn't that high. Huge clip, but slow reload.

All the autos have advantages and disadvantages. I can't pick one. I tried all the autos, and all of them take so much longer to kill than the Mp5. But then Mp5's accuracy sucks too, and at range you can't aim it at all. So I'll have to pick either Steyr, Ak or Minimi. What do you guys think of the Minimi?

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 07:18:33 pm »
People actually aim with automatic weapons? Wow. I just point and fire long bursts and slaughter things without remorse. Bwahaha.
That's a close-range tactic and it works much better with an MP5.  Using the AUG that way is pointless.

The AUG could easily compete with the AK and Minimi at long range if it could fire accurate short bursts.  However, the aim bug that I've mentioned makes this impossible.  If you fire off the 30-round mag in 4-round bursts to avoid bink, 8 of those 30 will follow the "correct" trajectory while the other 22 go above the crosshair.  That means that, even if you aim along the "wrong" trajectory, almost a third of your bullets will get wasted.

This is ridiculous and cripples the AUG in any long-range fight.  It simply has no chance against the AK and Minimi, which can easily put a 3-round burst into a Soldat from a whole screen-width away.

This bug cannot possibly be difficult to fix.  The AUG is just another auto with a different gostek and slightly different abilities.  There's no reason why it should fire bullets in the wrong goddamn direction.

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2006, 04:07:14 am »
Use deagles! And saw!
That's is the ONE way to go!
My aim sucks.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2006, 04:07:39 am »
That's a close-range tactic and it works much better with an MP5.  Using the AUG that way is pointless.

The AUG could easily compete with the AK and Minimi at long range if it could fire accurate short bursts.  However, the aim bug that I've mentioned makes this impossible.  If you fire off the 30-round mag in 4-round bursts to avoid bink, 8 of those 30 will follow the "correct" trajectory while the other 22 go above the crosshair.  That means that, even if you aim along the "wrong" trajectory, almost a third of your bullets will get wasted.

This is ridiculous and cripples the AUG in any long-range fight.  It simply has no chance against the AK and Minimi, which can easily put a 3-round burst into a Soldat from a whole screen-width away.

This bug cannot possibly be difficult to fix.  The AUG is just another auto with a different gostek and slightly different abilities.  There's no reason why it should fire bullets in the wrong goddamn direction.

I don't even see the aug bullets and I can pwn with it mid range or closer :S
o/

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2006, 02:18:17 am »
No, there's deffinately a bug with the Steyr AUG. I've noticed that it is alot harder to hit a target at long range with the Steyr than it is with the Ak. The Steyr is very innacurate.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2006, 06:12:34 am »
No, there's deffinately a bug with the Steyr AUG. I've noticed that it is alot harder to hit a target at long range with the Steyr than it is with the Ak. The Steyr is very innacurate.

It's meant to be like that. If steyr was accurate on distances like those it would be overpowered.
o/

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 02:41:41 pm »
It's meant to be like that. If steyr was accurate on distances like those it would be overpowered.

It's meant to fire the first bullet of each burst differently from all the other bullets? ::)