Author Topic: Possible solution to the 1 hit kill problem?  (Read 14903 times)

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Re: Possible solution to the 1 hit kill problem?
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2007, 08:05:32 pm »
Balance does not mean that all weapons are equal in all situations.  Rather, it means that weapons will be good in some situations and bad in others, but overall, will be fairly equal.
Very true, and this goes hand-in-hand with the map you're playing on to account for the weapon balance as well. Maps are an important factor in your weapon choice. On a map like Tropiccave or Nuubia, there isn't much room to dodge an M79er, and we are all aware of this. You're just going to have try and be faster or prone and jet as soon as he fires, and even then they can hit you if they're a skilled player. Hey, it's a small map. However, on a map like Shau or ctf_Run, there is a much larger area for you to maneuver, which means the M79 can literally fall short. The only exceptions to this is either the M79er sneaking up behind you or both you and the M79er running/skipping full speed towards each other, and when you see each other you'll be in a close enough range to be hit. Otherwise, he's easy picking.

Obviously the M79 and Spas will do much better on the aforementioned Tropiccave or Nuubia, but you will probably have to switch to a Ruger or Minimi on a map like Cambodia or ctf_b2b.

It's all relative, people. :)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline crazydude360

• Major(1)
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2007, 03:10:26 pm »
one hit kill is good and goes in context with the real life weapons...even underated to the real weapons i mean a barret wouldent just go through ur head it would make it evaporate instantly in a blood red cloud and the m79's range is soo fucking weap compared to the real one witch could (with the right shot)make a medium range LAW kill
(and before u start bitching at me for not knowing what i am talking about you should see how much time i spend researching these weapons i mean if i got a wealding flair i could make them in my basemint for less than $50(and i am not making them you feds so dont come knocking at my house))

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2007, 03:17:44 pm »
I refuse to read the 5 pages of text that just appeared overnight becuase they are all the same. I always say they are fair, and some always agree and some say they are unfair and give a bunch of random ways to fix them. Eventually everyone gets bored and no one types, like the "Barret and M79 unfair" topic. My only thing with M79 is that all other one hit kill weapons have startup time, and M79 doesn't. Just seems logical too me I guess, but like I said I don't really care and think its mostly fair.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

6th_account

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2007, 04:50:43 pm »
Thread locked cause it's really, really old.

* 6th_account fists crazydude