Author Topic: Harsher rules?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
Harsher rules?
« on: June 24, 2006, 01:38:43 pm »
(first of all I do not know if this is the right section for this)
Most of you will probably disagree with me, but I think that some harsher rules are needed.

1) warning given for a double post (or atleast a triple post) I have seen many people told to use the edit button but still double post and thus this would help them to learn not to double/triple post.

2) warning given for short messages or just quoting someone without adding on to what was said. Many times people just say something like "lol" and if a mod sees it he/she just edits it that it is too short, but I also think that a warning or something maybe a little harsh (half warning?) so as to deter others from doing that kind of thing. As for quoting someone else without adding anything I think that the same rules for posting one word should apply because unless it is some kind of vote, it is not needed..

I'll edit it with more when I think of some ;)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Harsher rules?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 03:49:28 pm »
I don't think it is right to punish people who are new to forum environments.  It isn't their fault that they don't know how things work.

Most people who make short posts or make double/triple posts get private messages from me or another moderator, even though these things aren't against the rules explicitly.  I have banned multiple members from posting for a week or two, because they didn't "learn" quickly enough.

I don't plan to modify the rules, but I wanted to let you know that we are actively contacting people when they mess up

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:38:17 am »
#1 is bad (well, at least warning right off the spot without investigating into the user's past actions). Most people double-post (at least, at a forum I manage; not too sure here) because of browser lag and they fail to check their post and any possible multi-posts after posting.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 02:13:52 am »
If that's the case, it's easy enough to delete the erroneous one.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 02:34:32 am »
Warning for double post is pointless and not a big deal.... why do u care if they double or triple post??? no harm is done   :\
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 01:24:43 pm »
FliesLikeABrick: ah, I never knew that, I guess you can ignore this topic then
chrono: it is a bigdeal because they get a higher post count and thus they are "star-hunting" in a way

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 01:32:05 pm »
Why do u care if u have a high post count? Just shows u spam the most [FLAB :D... Well u dont SPAM, t-Bone does :D]
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 01:41:17 pm »
We dislike multiple-posting because you post more, therefore cluttering the forum up and making it harder to navigate topics and read content.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 01:41:49 pm »
Well, thats a nice and understandable answer. Ok cool.