Author Topic: Need a mapper!  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Demonic Forces

• Major(1)
  • w000t? we are not alone ....
Need a mapper!
« on: March 25, 2007, 05:31:18 am »
I need some1 who want to make a ap for me!, I want to have a map! What should it include??:
1. I should be a Hous fighting map, like in a city
2. the should be many things U could sit behind
3. it should be a CTF map
4. Not too much Jet, walk the stairs if u want to go up!
5. I should be a dark map, not too bright
6. many sky screaper
7. a realy big map
8. the Flag hav to be in a room where u can't camp ( => min. 2-3 entrances)
9. many windpipes u could walk incide
10. plz add nice textures

I would be pleased if some1 could make a map like i Imagine it, sry but I'm to worse in mapping :-X

cyall Demonic Forces
hmmm idk what to say ..... F*** u all =$

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Need a mapper!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 02:21:56 pm »
Good luck finding someone to make that for you. I'm sure someone out there would do it... Making city maps is definitely not my specialtly ;). I have made a really bad and basic outline of a chunk of a city if you are desperate enough :). It includes a pretty badly made building that is rather messed up on the inside (intentionally made).

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard...just time consuming to make the insides of buildings look all nice and have the city look like a city... Would you want the map to be at night? That would make it dark. Then there could be a bunch of streetlights and such.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 03:03:04 pm »
If someone were to make that they wouldn't call it yours.

Why don't you try your own hand at mapping? It seems like you have a good idea here but you are the only one who knows what you want.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 04:48:47 pm »
If someone were to make that they wouldn't call it yours.

Why don't you try your own hand at mapping? It seems like you have a good idea here but you are the only one who knows what you want.

Yeah, good point.

Demonic, you should try mapping. It isn't all too bad and hard and truly, as iDante said only you know what you are looking for.

Offline Demonic Forces

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:13:53 am »
hmm I hope I don't have to make it on my own, cuz I'm a really bad mapper, I could do it with some1 together, But I don't think i could do it on my own  :'(

I don't have to be named like me, It's just .... I want to have a map based on my Idea, and this is still wrong, I want to play on a map which is a city or some skyscrapers, with many levels. I don't have to belong on me, IT FOR THE WORLD OUT SIDE!!!

do something social and help me, plz!

Date Posted: March 26, 2007, 11:13:21 AM
It don't have to be named ....

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:31:40 am »
I want to play on a map which is a city or some skyscrapers, with many levels.

Then play one of the already existing maps. Off hand there is the recent ctf_Metropole,

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=11573

ctf_Ghetto,

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=2731.0

or one of the versions of ctf_climbwar5.

http://elitectf.com/access/index.php?topic=243.0

There's unfortunately very few urban themed maps, but those are good to start with. Still, it's best you try to make your own maps. It's really not so difficult, and the more you use it, the better you'll get. :)

Offline Demonic Forces

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 04:01:39 pm »
thx Domino, these are great maps, like I wanted, but not exactly the same, the Houses have bad quality, and U can't go in. maybe I have to grad my map down. It would be enough if U could go in 2 Houses, but rly BIG houses. with many office rooms and and many places o hide. I think it will never been build  :(

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 11:31:30 pm »
So what if you are a bad mapper. The more you work at it, the better you'll get. My maps have gotten somewhat progressively better because I keep working at it and making more ;). Same concept with modeling 3D models, with programs like Blender or 3ds Max. The more you do it, the better you get and you learn new tecniques. Ah whatever...You see what I'm trying to say?

Offline Zephyen

• Major(1)
  • Living is Death while breathing...
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 11:54:13 am »
If you don't feel you could make it, open up polyworks, place a polygon or two with the texture you want to have used, sketch it out using the sketch tool and post it here with a zip file including the file, sceneries you want to see included and the texture you want used.
This may entice more to try it out, seeing as they'll have quite a bit of control over things, but yet have it much easier for them to work it out.

I can see what you want done, a city that you can enter buildings, climb up to other levels, go out sky lights (windows in the roof) or even doors out onto the roofs. This would be amazing on realism when made, if you have no jetpack and try to jump across to another building and miss (*splat*).

I'd love to try my hands on this, never have tried a city-style map, but I already have a storymode map I'm creating (and it'll be extremely fun). When I finish my map, and no one has tried this, I'll try my hands at this.
Others should still try, it's taking me some time on my own.

Offline Demonic Forces

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 06:56:56 pm »
It would be great If u 'll help me, or do, like I want it/ we want it. Would be amazing Zephen, but @ the other, Talk to me if U want to help me, This Job isn't give in his hands from now, so hurry up! :)

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 09:09:59 pm »
I'll help. I love cityfighting maps. I'll get stuck in straight away. But Could I have some credit for it?

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 09:14:48 pm »
I'd do it if i didnt take requests anymore  [retard].

Do what I did to start mapping: download polyworks, look through some tutorials, etc. Start mapping, post here, be eaten a few times, learn multitexturing and/or texture stretching. THEN do your map :).