Poll

Do weapon need a general boost?

Yes, by boosting all weapon
Yes, by making Headshots worth more
No, the balance is good
Ehm....I dunno.... look, Im just here to tell everyone that I'm gay and I love the taste of c#m a lot...
Yes, by making a hybrid of the 2, heads and general boost

Author Topic: somewhat underpowered?  (Read 21828 times)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: somewhat underpowered?
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2007, 05:18:13 pm »
Those situations with long'ish range are quite rare, especially in CTF. The enemy will be dead before you are going to cut with him, if you use nades. AK isn't so favoured in CTF because of the fact that AUG beats it in just about everything which is useful in CTF.

AK USED to be accurate, now it is just like AUG. Inaccurate over range, and it's clip emtiness faster than before. Good news? 0.5% more DPS which is LOST due to inaccuracy. Though, in DM AK owns AUG, since you can nail multiple enemies with one clip.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2007, 07:01:32 pm »
Those situations with long'ish range are quite rare, especially in CTF. The enemy will be dead before you are going to cut with him, if you use nades. AK isn't so favoured in CTF because of the fact that AUG beats it in just about everything which is useful in CTF.

AK USED to be accurate, now it is just like AUG. Inaccurate over range, and it's clip emtiness faster than before. Good news? 0.5% more DPS which is LOST due to inaccuracy. Though, in DM AK owns AUG, since you can nail multiple enemies with one clip.
Inaccurate? I don't think so. It is very accurate compared to other automatics.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2007, 07:52:42 pm »

Mind trying 1.3.1, and you know what I mean. :p
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2007, 09:48:25 pm »

Mind trying 1.3.1, and you know what I mean. :p

No I actually agree with Ex Legend/Leonidas. It is very easy to keep the AK accurate over a long range by firing properly while the steyr has a much meaner spread.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2007, 10:03:20 pm »
Steyr doesnt need a buff, lol
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2007, 12:47:47 am »
Steyr doesnt need a buff, lol
They aren't saying the aug needs a buff, they are comparing the aug and the AK.
Lol, internets.

Offline The Rogue

• Major
  • hi im rogue
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2007, 05:03:43 am »
You can easily fire all autos in an almost straight line.
[knife]

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2007, 10:42:06 am »
You can easily fire all autos in an almost straight line.

not not hard to fire in a line, its hard to hit every bullet when the target as well as you are moving.
ak its slow so  you got time to aim, steyr its a bit harder with its fast firing bullets, weird base accuracy and movimentAcc.. god I hate the last one...
Its actually very hard to use AUG effectively. Your speed worsen you aim, by a LOT... since in a ctf you are always rushing, AUG will be very ineffective.

Then why everyone is using it?....because it fires fast and it has good range. If mp5 had less range restrictions everyone would be into mp5. I think Ak its a much better weapon that AUG in ctf because it doesnt have as much bink, no MovimentAcc, more bullets and takes just as much time to make a kill(compared to AUG)

still, I think the 1.4.3 balance is making AUG too accurate.. its like a fast firing ak now... I liked the 1.3.1 balance of steyr much better; weird accuracy, good speed and firing rate..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:45:22 am by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2007, 12:40:53 pm »
"time to aim". There is no aiming between bullets. You don't aim with the cursor, but with the flow of the bullets. "But but Mancer said that..." Mancer said about Ruger, about an accurate and straight shooting rifle.

I don't think there is a circumstance where AK would beat AUG, except when the AUG runs out of ammo, which isn't a problem when it comes to AK vs. AUG. You can fight multiple enemies with AK, yes, but 80% of time you will die before you can kill more than 1 enemy.

AK is suited for owning people @ Deathmatch, AUG is suited for just about everything. It performs well, no matter when, or where.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2007, 05:30:43 pm »
"time to aim". There is no aiming between bullets. You don't aim with the cursor, but with the flow of the bullets. "But but Mancer said that..." Mancer said about Ruger, about an accurate and straight shooting rifle.

I don't think there is a circumstance where AK would beat AUG, except when the AUG runs out of ammo, which isn't a problem when it comes to AK vs. AUG. You can fight multiple enemies with AK, yes, but 80% of time you will die before you can kill more than 1 enemy.

AK is suited for owning people @ Deathmatch, AUG is suited for just about everything. It performs well, no matter when, or where.

I fought a friend yesteday, I have you admit that he greatly improved... thus made me question what I've been doing...
He's an aker, Im an auger. he beat me 2 match before I won the last one.
He worms a lot and I have tons of trouble fighting worms cuz they are hard to hit... and it seems to me that he takes around the same ammount of time killing me when wormin or standing... So I drew the conclusion that worms affects aks less than AUGs... why? I thought about it, and I think its because ak spit less bullets/sec than AUG, and when you worm, there is like that fraction of a second that makes the gun inaccurate.. because Ak fires so slowly, with great timing, you can actually skip those misses, resulting harder to hit player without missing any bullet... (bah badly phrased)

AK ties easily with AUG... AUG takes lot of control due to the movimentAcc and bink, so the AUGer might pull out a 0 miss on 1 kill and maybe 5 misses on another, with ak, you have much more control of the things.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2007, 06:05:15 pm »
To end this discussion: If you want to see the weapon balance in 1.5.0., try #sna.gather.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2007, 07:46:00 pm »

I fought a friend yesteday, I have you admit that he greatly improved... thus made me question what I've been doing...
He's an aker, Im an auger. he beat me 2 match before I won the last one.
He worms a lot and I have tons of trouble fighting worms cuz they are hard to hit... and it seems to me that he takes around the same ammount of time killing me when wormin or standing... So I drew the conclusion that worms affects aks less than AUGs... why? I thought about it, and I think its because ak spit less bullets/sec than AUG, and when you worm, there is like that fraction of a second that makes the gun inaccurate.. because Ak fires so slowly, with great timing, you can actually skip those misses, resulting harder to hit player without missing any bullet... (bah badly phrased)

AK ties easily with AUG... AUG takes lot of control due to the movimentAcc and bink, so the AUGer might pull out a 0 miss on 1 kill and maybe 5 misses on another, with ak, you have much more control of the things.

1. Both weapons have same MovementAcc
2. Bink can be compensated by holding off your firebutton for 0.1s.

To end this discussion: If you want to see the weapon balance in 1.5.0., try #sna.gather.

1.5.0? Edit: Oh, they renamed it.

Also the WM isn't final AFAIK.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:00:38 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Tactical Sniper

• Soldier
  • I'm the only reason to be afraid of Canada!
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2007, 06:10:21 pm »
Headshot idea gets my vote

(who actualy picked the 4th one?)  :o

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2007, 06:32:24 pm »

Quote Tower of Doooom

The AK then would be a whole ton cheaper because of its rigged power. If MM rigs the AK, he will have to rig the other weapons as well! Think of the Minimi!

The AK getting "rigged" would mean it'll be a kind of 'power-auto', rewarding good aiming with a higher kill speed, but still not as fast as the Ruger.

And what about the Minimi?

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2007, 07:17:05 pm »

Quote Tower of Doooom

The AK then would be a whole ton cheaper because of its rigged power. If MM rigs the AK, he will have to rig the other weapons as well! Think of the Minimi!

The AK getting "rigged" would mean it'll be a kind of 'power-auto', rewarding good aiming with a higher kill speed, but still not as fast as the Ruger.

minimi is all right. I think more dmg and moviment Acc would be good, to reward people that can actually manage it to be monstrous. scratch that... nice try SDFilm.. very nice..

Yep that Ak would never kill as fast as ruger but a 30 bullet clip would be enough to kill a whole bunch of people without reloading.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2007, 09:24:46 pm »

Quote Tower of Doooom

minimi is all right. I think more dmg and moviment Acc would be good, to reward people that can actually manage it to be monstrous. scratch that... nice try SDFilm.. very nice..

Yep that Ak would never kill as fast as ruger but a 30 bullet clip would be enough to kill a whole bunch of people without reloading.
So it's useless?
Fight! Win! Prevail!

7th_account

« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2007, 06:27:00 am »
You're so baised, clawie ;_;

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2007, 08:34:31 am »

Quote Tower of Doooom

Wha?

What did I "try"? I was asking Shadow G-Unit what he was talking about.

Look and read again...

Quote Tower of Doooom

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:40:28 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988