Author Topic: a range problem  (Read 16422 times)

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
Re: a range problem
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2007, 05:30:28 pm »
Ummmm........ that's exactly what I suggested, a slower rate of fire.  Reload isn't going to kill the weapon at all.  I wouldn't care either way if the reload was longer, because it wouldn't really be changed by enough to make a huge difference.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2007, 06:32:38 pm »
Longer reload wouldnt fix the problem, the problem is: THE KILLING SPEED OF RUGER.
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

7th_account

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2007, 07:13:54 pm »
The drawback of increasing the fireinterval and perhaps upping the damage is that it might make it even more of an elitist weapon. An alternative solution would be lowering the damage enough to make 3-hit kills quite frequent, but in turn lowering the fireinterval.

Offline wolfofman

• Major(1)
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2007, 08:35:43 pm »
Thus making it long range deagles without the arc (not being rude just saying)

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2007, 09:00:11 pm »
That's why I suggested another increase in damage, to make a bit more user friendly.  (along with the the slowed down rate of fire).  The problem with that though, is that it'd make it extremely annoying to fight against.  One lucky shot from even a horrible player, and you'd be down almost all your health.  As is you lose a lot of health from one shot.  Though I still think the best bet for the ruger is to just increase the rate of fire.

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2007, 08:04:36 am »
I hate people whining over and over again about the Ruger.

It only has a 4shot clip. That means (if you can aim just a little) if there are 2 opponents, one shot misses, you're dead meat.
This weapon requires a lot of skill to use properly. Don't belive me? Try to use it a long time and try to get a k/d ratio higher than your prefered weapons.

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2007, 03:36:39 pm »
yes man but remmember that in a clan war or a ctf etc ur not the only one playing so other people hurt u with autos and stuff and by the time u get with the ruger (most noob weapon ever) If he hits u one time u all ready have 50%  of ur life cause other players shoot the hell out of u so that make ruger a back up annoying weapon cause ur wounded after killing 2 guys with hp5 u have like 50% of ur life or less and a lucky shot of any ruger get u ur dead...for me that's f$ck up man really
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2007, 04:16:35 pm »
I hate people whining over and over again about the Ruger.

It only has a 4shot clip. That means (if you can aim just a little) if there are 2 opponents, one shot misses, you're dead meat.
This weapon requires a lot of skill to use properly. Don't belive me? Try to use it a long time and try to get a k/d ratio higher than your prefered weapons.
It's reload shouldn't even be mentioned cause it is rarely a problem. You have VERY little time before rugerer starts shooting again.

7th_account

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2007, 06:12:58 pm »
The reload isn't that short. A lot can happen in 2,3 seconds. It's only outsnoozed by Ak and the 7-10 selection.

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2007, 02:41:02 pm »
I don't know, man. I find it fairly easy to overcome reload time unless I'm throwing nades like mad when using ruger, and I find it fairly hard to use rugerer reload to my advantage.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2007, 02:56:45 pm »
The reload isn't that short. A lot can happen in 2,3 seconds. It's only outsnoozed by Ak and the 7-10 selection.

reload isnt much of a problem until you have the reload as long as the minimi's reload
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2007, 03:06:27 pm »
That was a bit too extreme, reload for ak, steyr, spass (in particular this can be extremely dangerous as it doesn't reload fully so you only have 1-2 shots unless you want to wait for a long time before shooting), deagles and so are pretty dangerous for reloading but reaload for hk and ruger never seemed to be much of a problem. Also because ruger can be used well at long-mid ranges so it gives an edge while reloading.

In particular, what seems to be an issue for me is that ruger doesn't seem to have any particular weakness. It is as good long range as close range.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2007, 03:32:52 pm »
well you can always get behind something and finish the reload, HK is really fast so the guy wouldnt have time to get to you and shoot at ya, same applies for AUG, for deagle, kinda dangerous because you usually reload during a fight.

AK and minimi and minigun are the one that really have a problem.

Date Posted: October 30, 2007, 04:32:30 pm
and m79
Always remember the succubus...