Author Topic: Who are you voting for?  (Read 9641 times)

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
Re: Who are you voting for?
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2008, 08:38:50 am »
If people in CANADA are able to get a gun into Toronto, I doubt America (where they're made) will be able to keep the, off the streets. But I do agree with keeping guns out of convicted criminal's hands. I also agree with the assault weapons ban. If you have a gun for "Self Defense" what the hell are you defending yourself from with a .50 cal in the closet or a C6 under the bed? Zombeez?
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2008, 03:07:08 pm »
Rather than fix the actual problem (ie. illegally buying guns) they just make it harder to buy guns legally, which doesn't really help.

I oppose the "Assault weapons ban" Because there is no such thing as an "Assault Weapon" Congress just made up a word to generalize a category of weapons, and they did it wrong. The ban affects mostly collectors/enthusiasts but also big game hunters and self defense. A glock 9 won't do shit if I run into a bear.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2008, 03:11:14 pm »
Rather than fix the actual problem (ie. illegally buying guns) they just make it harder to buy guns legally, which doesn't really help.

I oppose the "Assault weapons ban" Because there is no such thing as an "Assault Weapon" Congress just made up a word to generalize a category of weapons, and they did it wrong. The ban affects mostly collectors/enthusiasts but also big game hunters and self defense. A glock 9 won't do bollocks if I run into a bear.

Ooh...ASSAULT weapons.  I misread that as AUTOMATIC weapons.  Time to flip-flop.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2008, 04:36:36 pm »
They probably classify that into the same thing. Anything over a semi-automatic pistol is overkill unless you're a big game hunter as A4yo mentioned. But if you're in the streets of Philadelphia or something, you shouldn't even need a gun, but if you feel safer with one, all you need is a pistol.

Hell, automatics are just outright banned in Canada.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2008, 04:53:30 pm »
They probably classify that into the same thing.
Autos are in there, but also semi auto rifles (M14...) are "Assault Weapons"
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2008, 05:08:32 pm »
Now we're talking about weapon's?

Okay. I think concealable weapon's should be banned. Concealable pistols, SMG's, and possibly carbines.

The whole right to bear arms thing is for two things:

To fight against an invading country

and

To fight against a rogue government.

How many robberies are commited with AK47's compared to knives? 

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2008, 05:10:40 pm »
If you are going to ban concealables then you have to let me carry a big one around, or at least an unconcealed concealable.

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2008, 05:37:07 pm »
Obama fo' lyf

lol, but Seriously, he's a good leader it seems.
Him or McCain.
Hillary shouldn't even run, she sucks lol
Respect All
Fear None

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2008, 05:43:46 pm »
Obama fo' lyf

Him or McCain.
Hmm. Either the most or the least experienced man. odd choices.

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2008, 05:49:14 pm »
do you really want ANOTHER Clinton in the White House? Look at what the first one did.

Successfully balanced budgets?

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2008, 05:52:48 pm »
Now we're talking about weapon's?

Okay. I think concealable weapon's should be banned. Concealable pistols, SMG's, and possibly carbines.

The whole right to bear arms thing is for two things:

To fight against an invading country

and

To fight against a rogue government.

How many robberies are commited with AK47's compared to knives? 

Don't forget that was written in a time when the only way to defend your house was through Frontier Justice. If someone was robbing your house back then, you had the right to brutally shoot them. But no one wanted to take anything from the bill of rights cause it's too "Sacred" so the right to bear arms was left. Now the states has one of the largest gun problems in the world. In Europe, they rob Convinience stores with baseball bats and switchblades., in America, its with Tek-9 Pistols and shotguns.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2008, 06:10:16 pm »
do you really want ANOTHER Clinton in the White House? Look at what the first one did.

WEAPONS BAN ANYONE?!?!

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2008, 11:42:18 pm »
look i don't give a shit if the government spends more than michael jackson, all i want is to keep my weapons which are designed for harming and killing. really, while i'm at it, i'd like heroin and prostitution unbanned and car restrictions for young drivers reversed, because it's all a bit of fun and i know i'd never crash my car doing 200km/h, and the people who would will still crash at 100km/h

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2008, 11:57:54 pm »

That's a misleading graph at worst, and an ambiguous one at best.  The red areas could mean that the debt went down and GDP remained constant, or that the debt remained constant while GDP rose (which is closest to the truth), or a combination of the two.  In other words, the economy boomed during the Bush and Reagan years.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2008, 11:59:10 pm »

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2008, 12:12:00 am »
Obama fo' lyf

Him or McCain.
Hmm. Either the most or the least experienced man. odd choices.
Lol. McCain experienced.

You know I tried listening to some of McCain speeches - does anyone else just hear mmrmrmmmrmrmrm?
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2008, 12:18:22 am »
I like this graph:

Notice that the only period of improvement is  during Clinton's time?
Lol. McCain experienced.
McCain is the most experienced person on either side...

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2008, 01:32:29 am »
McCain is the most experienced person on either side...
His political background is long, pathetic, and full of failures. Congratulations to him for becoming U.S. Senator from Arizona. No Republican opposed him in the primary and his Democratic opponent was a young (messed in the head) idiot who was known for sleeping on the floor of his office.

Keating Five scandal.

John McCain defended John Tower and his nomination for Secretary of Defense. It was a doomed campaign from the beginning.

He decided to take on the Moral Majority, specifically Paul Weyrich who attacked John Tower's campaign "regarding alleged heavy drinking and extramarital affairs".  Fortunately, McCain did the right thing and wrote that Weyrich was "a pompous self-serving son of a b-tch."

1966 Presidential election: John McCain was the national campaign chairman for the Republican nomination of Sen Phil Gramm. Well. It was considered a pathetic failure.

In 1998 McCain proposed an increased tax on tobacco industries to fund anti-smoking campaigns and medical research. The bill failed to gain cloture twice. He made a revised version known as the McCain-Feingold Act. Fail. In 1999 McCain tried to pass the same act for a second time. And failed again.

"McCain was cited for opposing his own party on the bill at a time when he was trying to win the party's presidential nomination." errrr....

At least McCain had a worthy victory over Ed Ranger for a third senate term. Ed Ranger, by the way, was a political novice who had recently returned from Mexico.

McCain regretted some aspects of his own (2000 election) campaign, in particular changing his stance on flying the Confederate flag at the state capitol from a "very offensive symbol of racism and slavery" to "a symbol of heritage"

"I feared that if I answered honestly, I could not win the South Carolina primary. So I chose to compromise my principles." (2000 Election against George Bush)

After 9/11 attacks, John McCain was a strong supporter of the Iraq war - But his stance on the war is exactly what causes radical Muslims and Jihadists to incite hatred towards the USA (mentioning that America should stay in Iraq for a hundred years if necessary).
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker