Author Topic: Ctf_Albatros  (Read 731 times)

Offline Civil

• Major(1)
Ctf_Albatros
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:47:22 pm »
Hi it's me again...Following the criticisms people gave me, I now understand that people prefer a fast and smooth game pace for soldat so I decided to redeem my self by designing another one. So here it is! Enjoy!

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: Ctf_Albatros
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 01:04:46 pm »
Almost got blind when I ran this map. Omg, you actually tested map? Cos you can't play there. This is an example about how you shouldn't do looks, everything is fucked up. This map is brighter than a sun, I could watch sun at sky longer than this map. Also don't use "doesn't collide" at background until you get skilled with look.

The design itself is good I like to encourage you to do "not mirrored" maps. It's just that look is so ugly that no one going to see those good things in design.

Never ruin ur map for look again.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Re: Ctf_Albatros
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:19:05 pm »
Keep in mind that you're going to have to focus more on the layout than on the looks. The looks come later. Although the looks should come later, you've got to choose the texture at the beginning, so choose a texture that will fit whatever looks you have in your mind.

The maps you make shouldn't be as dark as this, and it certainly shouldn't be as bright as that map you've just made.

Take your time. Don't make maps too quickly. There isn't a deadline on you. :)