Author Topic: I hate Opera because...  (Read 5772 times)

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: I hate Opera because...
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2006, 02:54:45 am »
tell you what though, word of mouth advertising is becoming fairly commercial. Spreading the word is the only thing that works on me.... friends reccomend stuff, I feel inclined to try it out.  Nothing wrong with advertising in itself, but there is that buffer of 'them' trying to imply that their product is designed for you/your culture/preferred genre in whatever.

Word of mouth, the strongest forum of advertising and probably the only one I trust. Why? Because the person who is telling me about the product knows me and doesn't treat me like I should partake in the product to be cool. And of course they don't sugar coat it like an advertisement does.

Aye I'm a big fan of Opera, it's a great piece of software. Once you get used to it, you just can't use anything else anymore.

This advert didn't really manage to impress me though. Then again, adverts rarely do.

I didn't mind seeing it on the main page. But when its build into the installer and its the first thing you see when you open it.... way too far. And since I reformat every 30 days I have to re-install once a month.

TV told me to tell you to shut the heck up
Of course † is not capable of a mature conversation. Which furthers the possibility that the TV pawns him.
you ruined it using the word "pawns" which is pretty inmature.
Well, if you got to the original meaning then its usage it quite appropriate.

Source : http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pawn&x=0&y=0
someone who is used or manipulated to further another person's purposes.
Usage....
You where pawned into buying an iPod.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2006, 03:57:39 am »
Still, word of mouth advertising is apparently why the Blair Witch movie became so popular. They went around forums and newsgroups talking about these students that got metaphysically teabagged in a forest. People started believing, and it went on through word of mouth..... all this months before the film was released. Clever bastads.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2006, 05:36:17 am »
Apparently those people got rather rich with very little effort.

Clever bastads.