Author Topic: I hate this map  (Read 918 times)

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
I hate this map
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:10:52 pm »
I really hate this map. It's so fucking average looking, and the layout is just smelly.
graphical overview
layout overview
(green=only player collides)
64% screeny
I like the polys though

Anyhow, I hate it. Release, or no?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
Re: I hate this map
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 07:18:22 pm »
I really seem to like it.  I see no reason to not release it. :D

Once I get the chance to fully test this and if it meets expectations, this could make it to the Gather Server.

From what I've seen, this could actually be one of your best maps, and possibly be the one that could meet your goal, making default. ;)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:26:51 pm »
I think it looks absolutely awesome.The layout should make for an excellent ctf map. Release it, please!
There are other worlds than these

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 01:55:41 pm »
Looks are ok, except the bridges they look too cheap. I see ok idea but at this layout probably works ok, but it won't be fun.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lbl5vk&s=4

This idea could be very fun IF the spawns are at top route (I mean in completely new layout), one of the facts of fun is that dropping down is funner than jetting up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:57:23 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:57:46 pm »
I have a feeling I've played a similar map before
yes?

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »
Everyone's played this kind of map before. It's a basic ash type map with lots of holes for spawnkilling enemies for shits and giggles, and tricky flag throws that no one ever executes.

Anyhow, it's too big, and only really works with at leas 5 on 5. I guess I'll just release it for no reason.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 10:38:06 pm »
Yeah, I'm not really excited with the layout, and the jaggedness of the terrain may make movement more difficult, albeit the polygon work itself is great.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals