Author Topic: Relationship Thread  (Read 7209 times)

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
Re: Relationship Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2008, 04:39:18 pm »
Yeah, money and birthday cards kinda go hand-in-hand.

Just make sure she's the type of person who would appreciate a "sweet" birthday card, and not one of those weird ones, like mine, that takes pleasure in socially unacceptable humor and shows disgust at most things emotional (I have my ways around it ;D).

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 04:43:57 pm »
I'm not sure if I should create a new topic.

A question for you all. I've been wondering around for a while, because I can't understand what's wrong in being a gay (yeah think whatever you want, I'm not a gay (erm swear filter).) What do you think of gay people?

Every time we talked about gays with my friends they were like "omg gays, they're disgusting!" Why? Is it only because of the general attitude of finnish people? Maybe because gays can be so much more charismatic (Freddie Mercury for example.) than we straight people? Most of my friends told me that it's because "gays might abuse you when you're sleeping" or something relevant.

My own opinion is that there's nothing wrong in being a lover(...) a gay, really. It's a thing you can't help happening (that's what I think, I'm not sure though) and I find negative behaviour towards gay people pretty childish. You don't have to be with them if you don't wan't to, but showing it to the whole country is stupid. If they don't affect to you at any way, why make such a point?

Yes and I'd take my girl to a little café. I think that the best way to get to know someone is a little chat once in a while, maybe with a cup of coffee, only you and her(or him whever) I don't know a thing about "dating" and such, and I think it's not that common among teenagers, at least here in Finland. blah
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:45:47 pm by Dusty »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2008, 05:07:10 pm »
Anyone using religion (christianity) as an excuse to persecute gays is wrong. We are taught that they are indeed perverted and wrong, but that we should love them like any other sinner, such as ourselves.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 05:27:45 pm »
for me, ive got nothing against gay people. if you think its disgusting then its just the same as straight sex really. but gay people are not of the norm and so forever until we die out gay people will always be made fun of

i do think that gay relationships tend to have interesting differences to normal relationships besides the obvious

im probably making a generalization here but to me it seems like gay people tend to be more violent with their partners or maybe other people that are involved. it also tends to be that gay people are able to work together easier or better. just what i see so dont bother asking why

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 05:33:43 pm »
I theorize that having a same-sex relationship will basically obliterate the bridge of miscommunication that humans have with the opposite sex.

And as for people viewing gay people, on one hand, they can't see past the layer of skin to something that can be found in other genuine normal relationships. On the other, what they physically see is either two dicks and two hairy asses, or two clits and two pairs of breasts.

Don't get me wrong, that last part was really shallow, but I wasn't the first person in this thread to say something that was generally viewed as shallow.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:23:07 pm by Blue-ninja »

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 07:37:10 pm »
Anyone using religion (christianity) as an excuse to persecute gays is wrong. We are taught that they are indeed perverted and wrong, but that we should love them like any other sinner, such as ourselves.

Exactly...being a homosexual isn't a sin; you're born that way and there's nothing you can do about it.  It's the actual homosexual acts that are wrong, but technically so is any sexual thing with someone other than your spouse, and most Christians sure don't seem to persecute that.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 08:28:10 pm »
On the contrary, Brock, I haven't had a date at all.

So I win.

Seriously though, you like a girl? Go for it. That's all there is to it.
Says the one with no date.
So? All I need is my dollar and 50 cents.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 09:28:58 pm »
I'm not exactly sure where the whole "Gay people are wrong Bible says so" thing came from. Sure it says in Leviticus something to the tune of A man shall never lie with another man, for it is an abomination. But that is near the whole don't eat birds or pigs thing and beat your kids if they aren't respectful. I tend to take the whole Do unto others approach because I sin too. I really took to heart in Romans where Paul says (paraphrase) everyone who sins is a sinner, regardless of what it was. Basically everyone is imperfect. Therefore, discriminating against gay people is just that, discrimation.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2008, 10:46:28 pm »
When he went. had you gone and had she if she wanted to and were able for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go gone also would he have brought you meaning you and she with him to the station.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2008, 12:40:23 am »
I've been in three relationships in my life.

The first one... she had ADD and I was very young. She was really passively nasty, and dumped me in a week. My brain wouldn't drop the idea of her existence for two months. She got really annoyed but pretended to not mind me, until she said that she thought I was really creepy.

The second one... she was a monster. I was never interested in her, but she sucked me in using guilt. A complete sex machine, wore clothes that showed her disgusting cleavage... she smelled terrible. That crap lasted a whole year, exactly.On our "anniversary" I got her to admit that she had cheated on me with seven other people (twelve individual occurrences). Human equivalent of AIDS.

In the last year or so I've gotten to know this girl through an organization of graffiti artists. We'd all make escapades to various locations and make stuff really interesting over the course of a nighttime. Shortly after I got out of that relationship of horror with #2 I began to hang out with this girl in private. We would make private escapades, paint mechanical landscapes on buildings and then sit in this old decrepit house in the woods for hours. We were unable to stop talking to each other, we were so amazed at how similar our brains were. One day, after several midnight escapades, we kissed awkwardly after saying goodbye. I guess that's how it started, and now we're practically living together. And yes, we have had lots of sex. No, it's not the basis of our friendship.

By the way, for all you people talking about "gays": I'm gay. So is my best friend. And we have lots of gay sex.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Android id:073

• Major(1)
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2008, 04:54:55 pm »
WHY IS YOUR LIFE SO GOOD </3
Got your hands bound, and your head down, and your eyes closed. You look so precious now.

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2008, 08:29:13 pm »
I've been in three relationships in my life.

The first one... she had ADD and I was very young. She was really passively nasty, and dumped me in a week. My brain wouldn't drop the idea of her existence for two months. She got really annoyed but pretended to not mind me, until she said that she thought I was really creepy.

The second one... she was a monster. I was never interested in her, but she sucked me in using guilt. A complete sex machine, wore clothes that showed her disgusting cleavage... she smelled terrible. That crap lasted a whole year, exactly.On our "anniversary" I got her to admit that she had cheated on me with seven other people (twelve individual occurrences). Human equivalent of AIDS.

In the last year or so I've gotten to know this girl through an organization of graffiti artists. We'd all make escapades to various locations and make stuff really interesting over the course of a nighttime. Shortly after I got out of that relationship of horror with #2 I began to hang out with this girl in private. We would make private escapades, paint mechanical landscapes on buildings and then sit in this old decrepit house in the woods for hours. We were unable to stop talking to each other, we were so amazed at how similar our brains were. One day, after several midnight escapades, we kissed awkwardly after saying goodbye. I guess that's how it started, and now we're practically living together. And yes, we have had lots of sex. No, it's not the basis of our friendship.

By the way, for all you people talking about "gays": I'm gay. So is my best friend. And we have lots of gay sex.

Will you fucking sign on AIM once in awhile and entertain me with these stories like you used to?

Seriously though, you like a girl? Go for it. That's all there is to it.

No. You're wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. If you're good, platonic friends with this girl, "going for it" is stupid. If she doesnt feel the same way, gratz on fucking up a good friendship there buddy.
not around

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2008, 03:04:12 pm »
you're fucked if your stuck in the friend zone

And not in the good way.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2008, 03:22:34 pm »
you're fecked if your stuck in the friend zone

And not in the good way.

Not necessarily. I was stuck in the friend zone for a while. Then I changed completely by getting slightly more attractive, growing a pair of balls, and formulating a personality. Now she's begging me to marry her.

WTF, amirite?

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2008, 04:12:15 pm »
ive never let myself be in the friend zone so i cant describe anything personal

desperately clinging on to one girl and hoping that by taking the emotional flak she cant throw at the men that she actually gets wet for she will deny her programming and fall in love with you is moronic

however all it takes is to realize, accept and embrace that you are a man. falling into the above abyss is unthinkable. that is not what a man does

a man goes out into the world and does his specific work everyday mastering his specific skill until he is appreciated for it. that desirable man can then take his pick from a selection of women that instinctively will want to get with the most achieved man they can.

i have a nasty habit of losing sight of my point and ive already done that so im gonna stop here

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2008, 11:42:38 pm »
Not necessarily. I was stuck in the friend zone for a while. Then I changed completely by getting slightly more attractive, growing a pair of balls, and formulating a personality. Now she's begging me to marry her.

WTF, amirite?

That's pretty solid.

The important to remember, I think, is to make sure that girls like you for who you are, rather than some front that you're putting on.  Always be genuine, and always be honest.  You never want to have to go back on something you said, or alter your story and be confronted with it later.  Besides, if you can't trust your girlfriend/wife, just who CAN you trust?

One major problem that I'm having is that I'm just in an environment where there aren't a lot of women.  The only make up 1/6 of the student body here, and at last count, there were THREE women that shared a degree pursuit with me (software engineering).  This means that not only are there few women in general, but my association with them is practically non-existent.  This is something that I'll have to change, and something I'd recommend to anyone who wants to get into a relationship.  I doubt they just happen; you need to actively get to know girls before any further steps can be taken.  I know that's probably common sense, and probably something that many of you don't have trouble with, but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

Oh, and feel free to disregard anything I say here, as it's mostly speculation (I have absolutely no real-world relationship experience).
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2008, 12:03:47 am »
That's pretty solid.

The important to remember, I think, is to make sure that girls like you for who you are, rather than some front that you're putting on.  Always be genuine, and always be honest.  You never want to have to go back on something you said, or alter your story and be confronted with it later.  Besides, if you can't trust your girlfriend/wife, just who CAN you trust?

This was a very recent issue for me, which is what I meant by "formulating a personality." It's a weird concept to describe, but it was as if my true intentions had been covered up by a mental image of what I thought I should be -- what I thought I should act like. This presented many problems because, naturally, I set ground rules and general desires which I thought I would be fine with, but wasn't. To add onto that, the fact that I was opposed to something I thought I should have accepted gave way to confusion. The worst part about it was that, the entire time, I hadn't even noticed that I had underlying desires which opposed the "fake" desires that I branded myself with.

Like I said, it's complicated, and I'm not sure what caused me to break away from that. Lately, I've been quite blunt about what I want, what I don't want, etc. It's clear to me that I no longer have those feelings of oppression and confusion that have harassed me in the past. Perhaps it's just an issue that gets resolved with growth and experience.