Author Topic: The Golden Guide To Stop Hackers (1.3.1)  (Read 9387 times)

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
Re: The Golden Guide To Stop Hackers (1.3.1)
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2006, 08:56:36 am »
a and lot are two different words, not one.

it + is = it's

It's this crazy thing called contractions.
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2006, 05:01:21 pm »
Here's a way to provoke a succesfull kickvote on a cheater if it doesnt work with any other method and people are to dumb to hit the f12 button:

1. Leave the Server
2. Call yourself "Server"
3. Join as a Spectator (So others don't recognize your Name when killing you, most people wont look at the console too much)
4. Wait 2 minutes
5. Kickvote with the reason: "Possible Cheating" (this will trigger an f12-reflex on most players ;P)
6. See the hacker being bashed out of the server
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2006, 05:28:28 pm »
Whenever a hackers all about, and we wont manage to kick/ban him, i just leave the server.... as simple as that!

edit:
Here's a way to provoke a succesfull kickvote on a cheater if it doesnt work with any other method and people are to dumb to hit the f12 button:

1. Leave the Server
3. Join as a Spectator (So others don't recognize your Name when killing you, most people wont look at the console too much)
4. Wait 2 minutes
5. Kickvote with the reason: "Possible Cheating" (this will trigger an f12-reflex on most players ;P)
[/size]

I just have to try that out.... ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 05:36:49 pm by Zegovia »

Offline air139

• Major
    • Air139 @ Deviantart
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2006, 11:16:47 pm »
is there a aim hack? I think I saw one in the server, and I would like to know if my accuseations are baseless?

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2006, 11:30:11 pm »
How to find a hacker

- Can Use The '[SERVER MESSAGE]' Admin Ability But Isnt A True Admin

Since the Server Messages are handled through the exact same mechanism as all admin commands, being able to access 1 command implies access to all commands which implies that the player is, in fact, an admin, or that said player has found an exploit that allows access to all admin commands. There is no such thing as "partial admin access".

Of course, if a player could fake their name, they could make it appear as a Server Message, except the color would be white and not blue.

Pretty good guide for the most part.

On another note, I wish most users were able to tell the difference between lag/soldat bugs (ie: backflipping without the animation being shown, polybugs) and actual hacking; I get accused of hacking on the server I'm admin of on a daily basis([eC] Climbing servers) and it gets old after a while. Usually happens when I join under a randomly chosen name  that no one has seen before though.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 01:02:49 am »
Well the leave the server suggestion is just common sence for me, sorry. :)

Date Posted: July 11, 2006, 04:53:07 AM

1. Leave the Server
4. Wait 2 minutes

Good ideas

Offline Kumagoro

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 07:56:59 am »
The 'server' method worked well :D

I got rid of all hackers on the LAWjump server, hell they didnt even know what it was

He was like (the hacker): Lol noobs u won get rid of me!!!!!11
Hax0r has been voted to leave the game.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 08:17:30 am »
I just ban them, no warnings no waiting no nothing.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 05:16:15 pm »
I like all of these tips, and in my opinion they should be promoted throughout the entire game. Anyone who promotes and/or abides by these is a good guy in my book ;)
What I would say too!

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2006, 03:50:38 pm »
who needs an anti-hack guide? all you have to do is find a way to piss them off, every hacker is different, for some, all you need to do is ban them, you could make fun of them, suprisingly, making a hacker cry is one effective way of dealing with them, but it depends, like if you make some toddler who searched google for "soldat hax" downloaded a shitload of viruses and a speedhack, it would be much easier to degrade them
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2006, 04:22:54 pm »
who needs an anti-hack guide? all you have to do is find a way to piss them off, every hacker is different, for some, all you need to do is ban them, you could make fun of them, suprisingly, making a hacker cry is one effective way of dealing with them, but it depends, like if you make some toddler who searched google for "soldat hax" downloaded a ****load of viruses and a speedhack, it would be much easier to degrade them
Good Idea! Enough said!

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2006, 08:12:01 pm »
who needs an anti-hack guide? all you have to do is find a way to piss them off, every hacker is different, for some, all you need to do is ban them, you could make fun of them, suprisingly, making a hacker cry is one effective way of dealing with them, but it depends, like if you make some toddler who searched google for "soldat hax" downloaded a ****load of viruses and a speedhack, it would be much easier to degrade them
Good Idea! Enough said!
I can only imagine this topic as one of those 1950s instructional videos during the cold war...

to evade a nuclear disaster hide under your desk
to evade a haxxor abide by the guidelines set by some guy named gold, perfect plan.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Nicholas

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05:27 pm »
Submitted By Unlucky XIII - I had an idea that would probably greatly annoy hackers more than kicking them: Getting the admin to constantly /kill them. If ignoring the fact they hack annoys them, then that certainly will.
Along with annoying the cheater it also annoys everyone else because they get spammed with that "killed by admin" message.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2006, 11:23:12 pm »
Very true Nicholas.

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2006, 04:49:59 am »
hmmm i doubt it's a good idea..
how about ppl starting to do that to pll u dont like :S
it ruins gameplay i guess

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006, 03:42:50 am »
Sorry, but the hackers I see on server are really evil these days, instead of using double shot m79 hacks and speedhacks they use votehacks too:

1. They use a rapid votehack to make the voting console busy for kicking other players and this stops from the hacker getting kicked.

2.There are rarely admins in public servers.

Offline Shmack.

• Major(1)
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2006, 12:22:51 am »
What really annoys me is the GameArena server. It's in Australia, and ALOT of people use it. Yet, the admin button does not work, and to kick someone you need over 90% of the people to vote, which never happens.
    Unfortunetly, there arn't many Aussie servers, that have players in them, so I'm tended to be forced into GameArena servers, which are full of hackers.
    Hackers tend to hang around in servers where they don't get kicked, so they go to GameArena servers.

Also, I can guarantee most people here would use a hack, if they had one. Because, most hacks are easy to disguise.

I don't 'hate' hackers, I hate the servers more.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2006, 01:30:56 am »
I just ban them, no warnings no waiting no nothing.

LEO PWNS!