Author Topic: Psychological weapons in online games.  (Read 1969 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: Psychological weapons in online games.
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 12:36:27 pm »
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 05:07:27 pm »
I know what your talking about, I have same experiences with similiar mood-disturbings. It's not same as yours though.
I tend to get more exited when people call me a hacker or start rebelling against me. The thing that disturbs my mood is usually the very first seconds or a minute of the game I join. Frag represents victory, and death represents lose. Literally.. If my first death comes without any frags its a lose for me. Oppositely if I get a frag or two before my first death, I'm starting to get the taste of it and unless I get cocky in the middle of the round - I win.

Watching very skilled frag movies with a close eye sort of transfers that skillness to me. For several times I've been playing mad like hell after bowsering some (any game) movies. So that kind of like refers to a.. Psychological gamer steroid?

I also tried this psychological weapon of yours in one QL match, but I just ended up looking like a retard. And surprisingly, game results weren't that good. Best way to counter psychowapon seems to be ripping off your chat button.

Offline Rhombus

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:34 pm »
I'm not sure if it's considered psychological warfare... but it is due to the shortcomings of the opponent's mind, be it ignorance or mere stupidity, that this "tactic" still works every now and then:

Yell "Press alt+f4 to check your stats!"... you'll suddenly find yourself with much less opponents (assuming that they didn't already know this ancient trick)

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 02:24:47 pm »
It's not psychological warfare. It's kids who just started playing 5 mintues minutes ago and can't even spell "psychological".

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 03:56:48 pm »
Wheeeeeeeee. Say that too much and people will call you crazy. Noob. Say that alot and people will get pissed. M79. People become infuriated, any other gun and they don't care...

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You Noob

M79 FTW

Doesn't that just piss you off?