Author Topic: getting an xbox360  (Read 828 times)

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
getting an xbox360
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:00:44 am »
i was thinking about getting one, but i really know nothing about consoles, i thought you guys might help me. There are 2 points im looking at

1. LEAST possible expense
2. i want it hacked (is this how it's called?) so i'm able to play games downloaded from the internet

(i don't care about multiplayer)

i did a little reseach on the internet and some people say it's easy to hack it yourself, and other say it's also easy to screw up entire console while doing it, what do you think?

also, i noticed Arcade version is a lot cheaper than Premium because of the hard drive difference, normally i wouldnt care but i read in one yahoo answer that

By adding the hard drive at a later date you will effectively have an XBox 360 premium. This will then allow you to also play many of the original XBox games (this can not be done on the XBox 360 Arcade as standard as the facility to play original XBox games requires a hard drive).

im not sure what the bolded line means, Arcade version doesn't support some games?
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: getting an xbox360
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 07:51:10 am »
The bolded text means you need a hard drive to play the original XBOX games.

I suggest you take a lot more into consideration than the price of the consoles...

Player since late 2007

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 09:03:13 am »
A lot of people who got banned from XBOX LIVE want to sell their 360s surf around (although they might not say it's hacked.)
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:37:27 am »
A lot of people who got banned from XBOX LIVE want to sell their 360s surf around (although they might not say it's hacked.)
This, if you want to download games stick to emulating on the PC, after all a really good usb controller is cheaper than a console.

If you are looking to buy a bunch of cheap games just get steam.

Other than that go for it, I planned on buying a 360 myself until my finances killed my dog and skipped town.
@ii

Offline Camping_Carl_beta

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 08:44:51 pm »
i was thinking about getting one, but i really know nothing about consoles, i thought you guys might help me. There are 2 points im looking at

1. LEAST possible expense
2. i want it hacked (is this how it's called?) so i'm able to play games downloaded from the internet

(i don't care about multiplayer)

i did a little reseach on the internet and some people say it's easy to hack it yourself, and other say it's also easy to screw up entire console while doing it, what do you think?

also, i noticed Arcade version is a lot cheaper than Premium because of the hard drive difference, normally i wouldnt care but i read in one yahoo answer that

By adding the hard drive at a later date you will effectively have an XBox 360 premium. This will then allow you to also play many of the original XBox games (this can not be done on the XBox 360 Arcade as standard as the facility to play original XBox games requires a hard drive).

im not sure what the bolded line means, Arcade version doesn't support some games?

Listen buddy.. I have 3 xbox 360's 1 being modded the other being a pro and the last is an elite.. Modded is great and all and it is easy to do Assuming you dont get a lite on drive.. those are pretty much garbage and a bit more time consuming to mod.

Now the perks of having a modded system.. Is of course free games.. but you must make sure you download them all stealth if you want to play online this still does not 100% guarantee that you will not get banned... The point of an xbox is online.. alot of the best features of it is the online part...

I modded one of my systems because i wanted to try out alot of games before i actually go and purchase them..

Lets take this into account..

Your buying xbox live.. 50 dollars a year.. that's if you get the year plan.. You do need a hard drive.. installing games to it makes them run much smoother for the most part and totally helps load times.

Now you are also putting alot of your resources on the line as well when you download a game that big you wont be doing anything else really.. 6 gigs. ugh... even on rapid share its slow...

If you get found of having a modded system they mark the system.. and ban your account online.. and that basically makes it useless. There are few games you can play alone.. but not worth it at all...

When you start building up your gamer score.. you really dont want to say Good bye to that... it really does hold up some Props man...

Id go with buying a legit system : \

Offline Swastika von Judenbutt

• Major(1)
  • MY FRIENDS!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 06:47:32 am »
If you are looking to buy a bunch of cheap games just get steam.

Yeah, that Valve Complete Pack is pretty much a one time buy, after that you don't need anything else.