Author Topic: Windows 7 and wonderland  (Read 774 times)

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
  • I'm not hacker! I just love to eat all the bullets
Windows 7 and wonderland
« on: November 23, 2009, 03:52:26 pm »
Hello guys.
Two days back, I've installed Win7 Ultimate. Everything worked fine, I can say I like it. It sets up everything automatically, finds drivers, just everything you need.
Now negative page.. I've tried to play Soldat 1.5. It went not so bad, but even if I say "not so bad", I can't say "very good" (Hope you understand the point). Main meaning of that, what I want to say (especially WRITE) are "lagspikes". That means, that your ping is changing every short time (for example from 16 to 30, then 50, then 30, then 16, 50, and I can continue..). The most interesting thing in this case is, why that ping is changing so fast, even if we could call it uberfast? (if I'm right, for me it was changing every 0,2 sec). These "lagspikes" made me see everyone warping. For me, this is unplayable, if I was without warps for a .. almost 4 years.
Next thing, sound driver. Issues about installing my C-Media 9880 sound driver, which was created even before Cristus (I have 5.1, why should I use 2.0?). No way how to install, had to use only 2.0 speakers.
I can say, if these issues will be solved, I will get back on Win7.

EDIT: Forgot to say, that my FPS was slightly decreased than on XP.

By the way, is here anybody, who has Win7 and fixed these problems?

Welcome to WONDERLAND 7!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:57:14 pm by nEttsE »

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: Windows 7 and wonderland
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:38:48 am »
Offtopic, Win7 didn't install my drivers for me... I had to download them myself

Do all bullets fire at the same time, every second or so?

Player since late 2007

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:08:56 am »
No no, guys around are warping :) Shooting looks fine.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 12:24:57 pm »
Hmm, maybe that's why I get lag spikes... because Windows sucks the a-hole of a thousand asses. I have WinXP. When I used to use WinXP Home my lag spikes were worse. 16-60, 66-850... several times a second. :( People used to complain that I warped. My new compy is better and with the better ethernet card, my connection is faster and smoother. But I still suffer. I'm sitting on the fence about Windows 7. Pretty soon, I will have to upgrade from XP as it's getting to the point of being outdated.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 12:35:29 pm »
don't talk good about win7, it's based on vista. you cannot build something good from crap.

I myself run win7, and it's SO FUCKING HORRIBLE IT'S INSANE.

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:46:34 pm »
Today (okay, 20 minutes back?), I've asked dezerteuR about Win7. As I've checked, how's his Win7 working, he said all is fine. From our chat, I now can exactly say, that MY PC = OLDSH*T. Exactly, he said that he has got Win 7 Ulti (as I do), he has 2+1 (2 front + subwoofer) and its working fine, he said that he has no lagspikes or warps. Yer, it's true that i got soundcard, which is intergrated to motherboard that was made even before Cristus.

don't talk good about win7, it's based on vista. you cannot build something good from crap.

I myself run win7, and it's SO f**kING HORRIBLE IT'S INSANE.
// f*cking horrible or f*cking insane? (Good or bad?)  /// Even, if I can understand this as really bad, I can not agree or even disagree, cause I don't know that system well still.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 01:35:14 pm »
it is better than vista, but still runs soldat and other old games bad, and got some annoying bugs with the taskbar.