Author Topic: So I'm in college...  (Read 2977 times)

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
Re: So I'm in college...
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 10:25:57 pm »
i like engineering its quite good

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 05:00:20 am »
Mistercharles:

Circuit Design would fall under electrical engineering, this is correct. However, designing the housings would be mechanical. So would be designing thermal or fluid systems which includes all those wonderful pipes and ducts. Personally, I dont know which I recommend. I went mechanical which was interesting, but I kinda wish I went into electrical near my end. It might have just been influenced by an EE professor however, during my senior project.

In either case, MisterCharles, it looks like you want to run your own small business in those fields. Chances are if you are both designing and constructing the product, you'll be in your own or a small business. Or you could just get the degree, be a craftsmen, and use your degree to build your own stuff in your spare time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:04:29 am by Smegma »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 01:07:29 pm »
In my university engineering for freshman is the same for every major (except Computer Science has one class switched) So you could certainly start learning without knowing which you would like to do.

Personally I liked Mech and CS, but I think I like Mech more as a hobby and CS more as a career option, so I am in the CS track.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan