Author Topic: ~ Check out my Soldat-inspired Shooter ~  (Read 3306 times)

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
Re: ~ Prototype ~
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 11:28:11 am »
Updated!

15th Oct 2010

- Tweaked / HUD graphics altered slightly. Should reduce some lag.
- Added / Alert Meter.
- Added / World Map shadows.
- Added / Psuedo-3D World Depth. You can now move behind and in front the world terrain.
- Tweaked / Flame settings. Should reduce some lag.
- Added / Enemies may also leave behind grenades and medkits.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline filip2322

• Major
  • Gray
Re: ~ Check out my Soldat-inspired Shooter ~
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 12:16:47 am »
Fps-90-125
the flamer lags+has no fuel!
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 09:40:59 am »
Flamer = Lagzilla
Also, it has no fuel because it has an 'infinity' icon in the ammo hud :P
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 02:51:00 am »
Game is completely unplayable on my commuter. FPS just keep going up and down even when I'm not moving or shooting. FPS rang is 0-66.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 04:52:05 am »
Hrmm.. alright Ive added the ability to enable/disable certain elements in order to find the source of most of the lag. I have a fast machine, and I have to push it to observe significant lag spikes, so I really do need help from various people and their machines. If my suspicions are correct, the major source of the lag comes from a) the HUD combined with the Minimap, and b) the Sniperline.

UPDATE

Use these keys to toggle elements on/off :

M / World Art
J / World Shadows
K / HUD
L / Minimap
I / Sniperline
O / Crosshair

Also, since [standalone] Flash Player does not utilise auxillary components of your machine, it is fundamentally designed to rape your CPU and RAM for all of its vector processing. Because of this, its very important that I know your processor speed, and whether you have a lot or little RAM, so I can determine the weight of your framerate.

Thanks heaps guys, much appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:55:38 am by KYnetiK »

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 08:21:55 pm »
Also, since [standalone] Flash Player does not utilise auxillary components of your machine, it is fundamentally designed to rape your CPU and RAM for all of its vector processing.

Why not make in in HTML5?

Even with everything turned off, lag is really bad. still drops form 0-62 but for the most part stays around 32-62. I was able to play a little, I killed lots of the AI xD and it was fun! love the Soldat sounds, even with their bad quality  ::)  The AI is a bit annoying how they just come up to you and try to hung you to death!! The knife animation is really nice! i didn't notice it be for...

ah my spects:

windows xp
Google Chrome browser
2.66GHz pentium 4 processor

I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 01:48:01 am »
There are other FlashDev suites specifically for application programming and such, but Im just not at a point where I can code my own GPU-driven vector environment in 4 dimensions. I prefer a visual studio environment - im not a true programmer, just someone who understands the flow of gamelogic.

I actually have a suspicion that it is Chrome causing these problems for you. Chrome is trying to integrate too many things without having to 'grow up' integrating them (IMO anyway). Wouldnt surprise me that swf has been deprecated within their APIs.

With WinXP @3GHz, Standalone Flashplayer & Firefox are really smooth esp without the HUD displayed.
AND whilst testing this I have a whole array of wh***-mongering applications open - Flash, Dreamweaver,, PhotoshopCS4, Traktor Pro, let alone background operations...

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 02:03:02 am »
Frame rate was a lot better on Mozilla fire fox but now I get mouse position lag/bug. when i walk my mouse doesn't move then when I stop my mouse moves in the direction I was moving the mouse when i was walking.

Im just not at a point where I can code my own GPU-driven vector environment in 4 dimensions. - im not a true programmer, just someone who understands the flow of gamelogic.

You should be a 'true programmer'! You like to spend time making games flash games, learn to make flash games!!
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 12:53:37 pm »

Frame rate was a lot better on Mozilla fire fox but now I get mouse position lag/bug. when i walk my mouse doesn't move then when I stop my mouse moves in the direction I was moving the mouse when i was walking.
Interesting bug. Cant reproduce it without hardcoding a mean bottleneck. Does this happen with all elements disabled?

You should be a 'true programmer'! You like to spend time making games flash games, learn to make flash games!!
Its the design process I love. I love all the fields of media a game entails, and learning the skills associated with them. And frankly, it has taught me much about the inner workings of lots of various game mechanics. I love multimedia, and sadly I just dont have the energy it takes to devote myself into being an elitist programmer when I already devote my energy to so many different areas. My love of making music and drawing for example is far greater than my passion for math, especially when I already work fulltime and am now supporting a family. Flash is just a bonus because it allows a single person to quickly produce all fields of media and make some quid along the way ;)

Upon doing some research at Newgrounds, Im finding that the people having issues are Mac users. Let me know if this is true for you guys too ^^
Also, Id love to hear your great ideas for level design and world interaction so I can really get this project off the ground and move on to my sidelined projects.

Thanks guys !

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

DarkCrusade

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 01:26:23 pm »
If you need sketches for maps, tell me what you need and I'll make some for you ;)

Offline filip2322

• Major
  • Gray
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 04:12:20 pm »
How about u add a bot?
Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 04:25:07 pm »
there are bots =/

Try reading the controls and youll feel silly

Since for some reason a lot of people have this tendency to launch games without knowing what the hell is going on and complain that it doesnt make sense - without reading the manual or controls first - I should have mentioned before that all the controls are displayed on that page. In particular, the Debug commands.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:30:42 pm by KYnetiK »

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*