Author Topic: ClanPlanet poor support - acceptable/unacceptable  (Read 989 times)

Offline Jimmuk

• Major(1)
ClanPlanet poor support - acceptable/unacceptable
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:53:40 am »
The following is a copy of messages sent back and forth to ClanPlanet support in response to my request to add an IP address to their whitelist.

This was required to enable me to use a TeamSpeak approved php script which I would use to authenticate member credentials before allowing them access to a TeamSpeak server.

As you will see the initial request was made on 21st June 2011 and at the time of writing (26th July 2011) I had still not received a conclusive reply to my request. A simple yes or no would suffice but this protracted delay has been completely unacceptable.

I'll leave it you yourself to consider the implications of this should you be thinking of using ClanPlanet for your voice server.

Conversation

James Coyle    

Posted On: 26 Jul 2011 04:49 AM
I fully understand the reasons why there may be a delay in getting a response. An acceptable delay.

I do not understand why it has taken you over a month to reply to such a simple request.This is not an acceptable delay.

I will be cancelling my service with you and will ensure this disgraceful episode is highlighted and reported in every website I own and every other avenue available to me.

Enjoy the publicity

Jim Coyle

-------------------------------------

Johnathon Weaver    

Posted On: 26 Jul 2011 01:43 AM
Hey James,

We may rent out voice servers on TeamSpeak3 but we do reserve the right to run it under restrictions.
The reason you haven't had your ip address added to the white list is because you could easily query spam if you wanted.

We only add public sites which require a query connection to get stats from voice servers easier.
You may be using an official script provided by TeamSpeak them selves but it still doesn't get past what i said above.

I will be passing your ticket on to higher members of staff soon so they can review your case.
You haven't had any responses recently due to our support staff being busy working on priority tickets.

I will see if i can get your address added as i have said before but it may take time.

Kind Regards,
-Johnathon

James Coyle    

Posted On: 25 Jul 2011 10:47 PM
Another 4 days pass without a reply...

This 'support' you offer is laughable and you should hang your heads in shame..

What next? - cancellation? - perhaps that's exactly what you want as you seem so loathe to give me the access rights I asked for.

Next step - Teamspeak - ask them why one of their outlets is refusing to permit usage of their authenticated script.

You move..

Lee Richards    

Posted On: 21 Jul 2011 03:14 PM
Hi James,

I will see how john is doing with this for you and let you know asap.
Sorry for the late response.
Kind Regards,
Lee Richards,
Clanplanet Support

Posted On: 16 Jul 2011 06:45 PM
Your lack of support is showing a shocking disregard for your customers.

James Coyle

Posted On: 13 Jul 2011 01:29 PM
What on earth is happening with you guys?

Please answer my request

Jim Coyle

Johnathon Weaver    

Posted On: 05 Jul 2011 05:05 PM
Hey James,

Sorry for the late response.
We normally only add sites to the white list if they are running public stat scripts.
This prevents the voice servers from being spammed with queries all the time.
I am seeing if we can get your info added though.

Kind Regards,
-Johnathon

James Coyle    

Posted On: 04 Jul 2011 04:38 PM
It has been some considerable time since your last reply and I have yet to receive any further information.

Please respond

Johnathon Weaver    

Posted On: 24 Jun 2011 08:44 AM
Hey James,

I will pass this ticket onto a higher member of staff for you.
We should then be able to find out if the ip can get added for you.

Kind Regards,
-Johnathon

James Coyle    

Posted On: 22 Jun 2011 06:11 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Please add this address to your whitelist:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (detail blanked for security)

This is my own dedicated server and I am using the TS3 Php API srcipt to connect and verify users.

regards
Jim Coyle

Johnathon Weaver    

Posted On: 22 Jun 2011 04:56 PM
Hey James,

You won't be able to add anything to the whitelisting.
If you would like anything adding then can you please provide us with a website link.
We will then look into adding the api to our whitelist.

Kind Regards,
-Johnathon
----------

James Coyle    

Posted On: 21 Jun 2011 08:06 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to use the TS3 API to allow members of my clan to connect to the server using their ingame credentials.

Is the API available on my server and if so how can I add my webserver IP address to the whitelist to allow me to connect?

regards,
Jim Coyle

Decide for yourself - is this acceptable or unacceptable.

Would your customers endure this amount of delay in responding to a simple request or would they (as I have) simply cancel and take their business and money elsewhere... ?
Jim Coyle

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: ClanPlanet poor support - acceptable/unacceptable
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 02:35:15 am »
Like i care for problems of people who just joined to complain about a completely irrelevant thing.

If having problems, always ask to speak to the boss. Nothing less.
Works like a charm each time.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:42 am »
uh, bot?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:47:22 am »
Either you're a bot or going to the completely incorrect place for support regarding whoever.

Locked.
There are other worlds than these