Author Topic: Barret fire penalty  (Read 8105 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Barret fire penalty
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 12:11:38 am »
I'm with jbigz and still share no sympathy for current Barret-whiners. -Wildbill-, it's not a matter of realism; it's for gameplay. If you want a realistic sniper rifle, mod your weapons.INI or play an older version. I just think the Barret has a bit too much MovementAcc, but everything else is fine.

Quote from: jbigz
... you are implying you want a weapon that can go do the all infamous Point-Click-Kill. what do you want next, an M79 with 5 ammo? seriously, grow up.
Indeed. I even think the M79 should be delayed, at that.

Offline H31MU7

• Major
  • BOOM HEADSHOT!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 01:36:02 am »
I had trouble getting use to the delay but within a week I can judge the timing and now I am just as effective as before.

Offline air139

• Major
    • Air139 @ Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 06:07:46 pm »
People will complai no matter what you do!  Is it supressive fire? or is it n00b spray?  Cheap camping? Or effective sniping? People are just to messed up... If you don't play they're way, than you are infereor.....  (excuse my english)

I think the idea that you can only fire prone or crouched is good, but remove the delay!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 11:18:59 am »
delay is what makes this weapon effective, it helps to adjust the aim, concentrate on the enemy rather then on the mouse botton, but still,Barrett is nothing more than a support weapon because of the slow firing speed and and the delay. if the Barrett become a weapon that can only fire from crouch or prone position, it will become completely useless(not completely but extremely ineffective)
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Noz

• Major(1)
  • Barretard
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 02:13:52 pm »
If you want a more "realistic" barret, play 0.98c (or whatever the first beta version was). Completely semi-auto. About half a second in between shots.

And barret is fine as it is. I wouldn't mind a slight reduction in bink, as delay+bink make it impossible to play against someone who sprays, but that isn't such a big deal. And having barret be prone/crouch-only is the biggest game-breaking idea ever. No one really uses the scope and camps except for random people on pubs who have been playing for less than 3 weeks.

5th_account

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 03:24:37 pm »
Don't bump old threads. If you want to further discuss the barret, make a new thread concerning the exp. balance.