Author Topic: ctf_cod_brecourt  (Read 948 times)

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
ctf_cod_brecourt
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:19:11 pm »
Hi

This is my first CoD map, it's unfinished but I'd like some feedback and suggestions.

I'm planning to have more ruins off to the right and a farm to the left of the machingun post.

UPDATE:
Added new screen, not much change, extended to the right a bit and added some polys on the bottom, did some shading inside the underground part and on the bottom of the map.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 12:15:47 am by ultraman »

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: ctf_cod_brecourt
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:54:10 pm »
Looks okay, but darken the polygon edges on the bottom. Also, make the map rather long in wideness.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:01:07 pm »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:08:40 pm »
Looks like you're getting some of the basics down

Next I'd recommend practicing shading, so that places that don't see light are darker..it can help give the illusion of depth to your map.  Also, experiment with your colors..varieties of greens and browns help.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 07:43:21 am »
Ok well I've done the house, kinda lame but it'll have to do, I've also finished the whole right hand side of the map! Before you say anything, there are no jets in this map so people cannot fly off the edge, and just like in the real map, there are minefields to stop people walking off of the edge (bloody deadly poly) Hope to finish it soon, off to the left im gonna add the well, the barn and the farm. Here a screen of my progress so far. Any comments or suggestions would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:47:59 am by ultraman »