Author Topic: inf_Nam needs work  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
inf_Nam needs work
« on: November 01, 2006, 07:36:45 pm »
Way back in the day, before Polyworks came out, I was working on my third map ever for Soldat. My first one was basically an example map, with a few u-bends and a straight away. My second map, which unfortunately got lost in one of my many reformats, was a sizeable assymetric CTF map in a deserted mine. My third one, uploaded here, is inf_Nam; it is a fairly small Infiltration map, about 2 berret scopes and a half in width, with a jungle theme. The design was kind of cool; instead of the traditional CTF like map, I made Alpha spawn near the center of the map, and Bravo spawn at both the black flag in a small fort at the right and the white flag under a small hill on the left. I don't really want to re-make it, because I will probably never finish it, so I'm hoping someone will pick it up and re-work it with Polyworks. You can even use it as it is now, but it has no waypoints and isn't terribly great. I would love to see it re-made because I think the gameplay would be very interesting for the type of design.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:57:03 pm by Pyroguy »

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
Re: inf_Nam needs work
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:50:29 pm »
post a pic!!!

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 07:58:07 pm »
I guess you guys just aren't visually inclined enough to imagine my wonderful description. ;D There's a screeny.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:59:58 pm »
Yeah, we're very imaginatively impaired :P

Pretty weird layout if you ask me. The concept is pretty cool, and I think this would be great to redo in PW. But the waypoints wouldn't be able to carry out the troop-movement you probably have in mind; because Alpha's flagcarrier takes Bravo's path, either the Alpha FC would have to fly above and reach the Bravo fort on the west from its left, above, or Bravo bots who spawn at the Alpha flag will have to fly up-left and move along the floating green boulders.

Not bad for a third map :)

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 05:11:42 pm »
Oh, something I didn't mention; those "green blocks" are no collided, they are supposed to be tree tops. I added them because I felt many jungle themed Soldat maps lack one of the most crucial parts; the tree canopy. It works great for jetting up into them and putting the suprise on a camper at either base. I know the waypoints would be a little odd, but I figure that you can make Alpha go through the bottom path, in the caves, after they grab the objective; and just have Bravo camp indefinately at the white flag, but also putting alpha waypoints that go right from the white flag to the obby flag. Maybe the flags would do better reversed, so Bravo can camp their little fort.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:16:22 pm by Pyroguy »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 07:52:32 pm »
Ah... in that case, I think I might see another way how the bots could still be successfully programmed, although it largely depends on the amount of jet-fuel given.