Author Topic: New Game Mode Idea... Check it out.  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
New Game Mode Idea... Check it out.
« on: January 16, 2007, 04:31:13 pm »
Hey guys.  I have an idea for a new gamemode.  It isn't a very serious one, but here goes.  Please remember that some exact specifics aren't exactly set in stone, and may be changed.

I hope you like it.

---Volleyball---

All right, it's volleyball.  There will be two teams on each side of a wall.  A neutral flag will spawn on one of the sides.  A player will grab it, and try to pass it over the wall.  All players are armed with a 5 shot socom, which the reload speed of an m79, and a 1 shot spas, with the reload time of a M72 LAW.  Also, players will have the option to choose a VERY reloading m79 instead of the other weapons, to try to shoot over the wall, and kill the other team.

The objective is to push the "ball" (flag) over to the other side, and have it hit the ground over there, without having it hit your's.  To do this, you have to push the flag using your bullets.  Obviously, the spas will push the flag much farther than the socom bullets.  You may use the m79 like a mortar, and shoot over the wall in hopes of killing the other enemies.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: New Game Mode Idea... Check it out.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:39:25 pm »
Does this really require any new game mode in the game itself or just some scripting on the server side and a customized map for it?

If it turns out to be the latter, this should be moved to General Discussion

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41:45 pm »
Hm, you're right, this is basically just some modding and stuff.  Can you use your magical mod powers to move this?
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:49:45 pm »
lol.   

wouldnt the m79 have some conflict with accidentally moving the flag towards your own team?

hm... there isnt another alternative to be the ppl killer wep...

o wait, after thinking i came up with one u can use.  the combat knife.  yes, its a throwable weapon, but you can easily make it a "reloadable" thing by making a knife shooting ruger with a very low velocity, or maybe a knife spawning script.  Either way u can throw that knife you get at the enemy.  you could set the velocity high enough to throw the knife across at the other team OR you could could use some of those only-bullets-pass-through surfaces, and allow players to attack the other teams side through the roof.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:03:17 pm »
I dunno, that's a pretty good idea.  But I like the explosiveness of the m79.  It chucks people around, it messes them up, which would be crucial for this.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 07:11:05 am »
---Volleyball---

All right, it's volleyball.  There will be two teams on each side of a wall.  A neutral flag will spawn on one of the sides.  A player will grab it, and try to pass it over the wall.  All players are armed with a 5 shot socom, which the reload speed of an m79, and a 1 shot spas, with the reload time of a M72 LAW.  Also, players will have the option to choose a VERY reloading m79 instead of the other weapons, to try to shoot over the wall, and kill the other team.

The objective is to push the "ball" (flag) over to the other side, and have it hit the ground over there, without having it hit your's.  To do this, you have to push the flag using your bullets.  Obviously, the spas will push the flag much farther than the socom bullets.  You may use the m79 like a mortar, and shoot over the wall in hopes of killing the other enemies.

This sounds mostly like a LAW catch to me. Could you draw a sketch of the map you're envisioning?

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 04:19:58 pm »
...yes, draw the map and lets see if it'd work.  I like the LAW idea myself, lol ppl forget about LAWs when they're fired almost straight up.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 04:23:55 pm »

Yeah, it's in paint.

My polyworks refuses to work ever since I reinstalled soldat.
Oh noes, I'm insane.