Author Topic: another new gamemode :P  (Read 2971 times)

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
another new gamemode :P
« on: June 23, 2006, 05:06:14 am »
Has this already been suggested :P probably...

New idea -
Hunt mode - a mixture of speices hunt in battlefront 2 and surival mode ;D

Big maps and one team has to eliminate each player on the enemy team who have to survive for a certain amount of time, (determined by admin or whatever)

of course the hunted wouldnt be able to use guns er.. somehow
they could maybe punch.

But they would have lots of places to run to..

I can't think of anyhting else to say - I'll leave it to you to complain/add more ideas :D

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
Re: another new gamemode :P
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 05:20:17 am »
I don't like this idea much. The hunted team has no chance at all if they can't use guns. What are they supposed to do anyway? Just run around or hide until they get their heads blown off? I think it's a too one-sided game and everyone would want to go 'Hunter' and complain if they have to go 'Hunted'.
Sorry, i don't like it much.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 05:26:37 am »
ok ...well say they can use nades. or another special weapon like traps/caltrops that kind of thing.

Wouldn't it be fun to leg it when spotted by the enemy? and there would be a time limit.

They could also be faster than the hunters

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 07:45:46 am »
I still do not like the idea.  It is obvious who will win.  The hunted will gain a huge disadvantage, they might as well just stand there and wait for the hunters to kill 'em.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 07:59:28 am »
The whole point of the game is to hide, and run away

I don't like this because it will take forever for the round to end and soldat isnt this kinda game. Weapones are 98%
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 09:21:21 am »
REAL MEN DONT RUN

Not helpful. - Stalky
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:43:10 pm by Stalky »
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 09:31:48 am »
This is called Rambo match more or less.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 09:33:33 am »
I agree with Zamorak...If this will be implented its useless

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 09:40:31 am »
Me and a few of my friends do this anyways, but for every 2 hunters there is 1 prey.
prey get to hide and use knife, hunters use saw (cuz its loud)
play 2 seprete teams.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 01:33:47 pm »
How about that the Hunted team is suppoused to move through a certain number of waypoints (ie: flags they have to touch in a sertain order).

And the Hunter team is then about to intercept them, are then privileged with maybe a modified predator powerup, invisibillity, but no silenced weapons, and theyll become slightly visible whenever they fire their weapon... Like a transparent shadow....

The hunted team may have so they are in advance mode, so they are allowed to use secondaries to begin with, and as they advance through the chekpoints, theyll be alowed more weapons, and if they are killed, they have to start over, and may then choose a primary weapon acording of how many checkpoints the managed to reach.

If one of the hunted team manages to go through the entire map, their team gets a fair amouth of points...

The hunter team will then gain points from killing their prey, and theyll gain more points if they kill someone thats has gone through a longer portion of the map..

Watchathink? ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:35:22 pm by Zegovia »

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 02:37:25 pm »
You don't need a new gamemode for this.
Make some big maps, gather your friends and setup a TM server.. tell Alpha team to throw away their weapons and run, and Bravo teams go happy hunting.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 02:50:34 pm »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 02:58:11 pm »
lol ^

I like Zegovia's idea, but the idea of having to touch set flags would make the game too predictable and too easy for the hunters. It should be based on time survived instead, and one new weapon is given to the slot for every 30 seconds (no accumulation of time from before deaths).

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 03:30:25 pm »
zegovia: that's a pretty good idea, but keron has a good point about it being predictable for hunters.

i think, however, weapons should only be gained if they kill one of the hunters and take their weapon, or are allowed to choose the weapon when they next die.

basing it on time is good, and points should accumulate over time (like blue team on INF) while hunters only get 1 or 2, maybe 5 max points per kill; this will even out the points system a bit so the hunted have a chance to win.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline doom290

• Major(1)
  • See this? It pwns you.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 04:45:59 pm »
If you read all this, dont you realise this needs new guns, programing for the game moode for invisiblty, and maps are long enoguh to make, but huge maps? no1 would try... and the waypionts idea needs programing, from the ctf flag to touch only, and you need to and a time limit, more work! this game mode is to had to make! the other ones follow basic ideas!
I eat pizza with a chocolate milkshake. The milkshake is free watch *crap on the floor* want some?

Moral: Never get milkshakes for free

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 09:39:16 pm »
instead of telling people about it let them experience it, they cant decide on just words...  make a mod, gets some friends to help and go for it.

MY UNITED STATES OF WHATEVA!!!!!

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 09:46:13 pm »
You could organize something like this, just make the hunted only allowed to use secondaries.