Author Topic: world jump day  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
Re: world jump day
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 09:24:54 pm »
If it was possible, changing the amount of daylight would actually affect plants. Many species would bloom/pollinate late/early. Last year some entire genus (or even family) of flowering plants bloomed a whole day early, considering their sunlight-based biological clocks are accurate within less than an hour every year (something in the weather pattern fucked up last year).

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 09:58:30 pm »
Code: [Select]
Join us in an attempt to drive planet earth into a new orbit, by letting millions of people jump off!But with this change, it could cause severe changing in nocturnal animals, killing off night time plants, and in the end, destroying off all known life.

PFFT NO THANK YOU!

:OOO kingkitty is smart!!

haha yeah, he's soooo smart.  because everybody knows nocturnal plants exist, right?  wait, no they don't.  there are plants that can only live in the dark, but they grow in caves and places where sunlight can't penetrate.  and i don't have to tell you that a change in the amount of daylight we get won't really affect the light they get.

and if we pretend that the site is real and that this would work, the change between light and day would be only brief, so things won't change too drastically with the nightlife.

you ruin all the fun

btw i meant plants that need less light than plants that need more light.

I'm away.

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 10:32:57 pm »
a whole day early
:OOO OH MY GOD THAT'S TWENTY FOUR HOURS!!!  OR 1440 MINUTES AND I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THAT HIGH!!

the change between light and day would be only brief, so things won't change too drastically