Author Topic: window.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline goose

• Major(1)
  • INFLUX
window.
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:12:45 pm »
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:43:29 pm by goose »

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Re: window.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:15:37 pm »
Yes, is has been said many times that there should be a resizable window before, but I'm not quite sure of the overall reply to the suggestion.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:50:58 pm »
do you mean stretch the gfx or increase amount of resolution through stretching?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Enjoi

• Major(1)
  • Life is a drag. Enjoi!
    • Team nXs
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 06:11:15 pm »
I think he means just being able to resize like regular windows?
Enjoi.
Team NEXUS

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 06:42:23 pm »
There is a problem. If people did that, and you streched it one way only, the game would either have to disform, or expand your area of sight.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeā„¢
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:08:57 pm »
Well ... the main problem comes when trying to 'expand your area of sight', goose. This is because other people who haven't extended their screens will have less warning than others; in essance it's a hack. I think there might be a stretching program though, so search it up in Google why doncha :)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 10:01:05 pm »
There is a problem. If people did that, and you streched it one way only, the game would either have to disform, or expand your area of sight.

Not necessarily. Even when you play in widescreen, the game doesn't look very deformed. I'd like to be able to resize the window, without help from an external application. Maybe radio buttons or input boxes in the Soldat Setup would be a reasonable method of doing so.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:17:01 pm »
I have to admit that although the soldat resizer was banned here because it could be used as a hack I still managed to find and use it without using it as a hack. If there was a resize option in soldat itself then it could prevent the hack: just make the options for 640x480, 800x600, etc as radio buttons in the options menu and stretch to fit. No extra sight gained.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.