Author Topic: Grenade tips  (Read 3615 times)

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
Grenade tips
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:48:05 am »
Where to use? When to throw? How to use effectively? Help me become a better player!

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
Re: Grenade tips
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:27:46 am »
I think it depends on a few things...

1. What kind of player do you consider yourself to be?  Agile or rather staionary.
2. What weapon do you use?

I use the AUG, so I'm an agile player.  I more or less throw nades whenever I can, I don't spam them, but I do throw as many as I can.  I think someone using the Barret should maybe be more conservative, cause they cant exactly pop out shots every 10 seconds. 

If you use autos, throw them often and if you use an m79 or barret or Ruger, etc...
make SURE that they are hits.

What I usually do as sort of a last-ditch effort to kick ass when I'm about to die, is just spam all of your nades when you KNOW you are going down.  That way, if anyone makes the mistake to walk over/near your corpse, they will regret it. 8)

Hope this helps... :)
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:39:11 am »
Well, read Freeze's guide to get the 'theory'. Otherwise...

Grenades are the most universal things in Soldat. For once, they can kill in one hit on their own ( by hitting feet ), can finish off any injured player ( even if he has lost only 1% life, or if you hit him with two grenades quickly ), can boost you out from colliders and can do "nukes" ( when you blow up your grenade with an M79 ) which either gives you an awesome boost or traps your enemy in a firewall. But let's go into details!

If you're attacking, make sure that the first enemy you encounter will be the first one to suffer one of your grenades. Throw and try to land a shot at the same time, and with a bit of luck, his corpse will be the only thing which flies through the screen. Experienced players start off battles by throwing two grenades at the two incoming opponents, then spraying the injured foes and racking a double.

In case you don't have the height advantage, you still have the nade advantage - just roll and evade shots for a few seconds, then jump up and bomb the feet. This asspill of doom will be your best anti-air mate in no time!

If you're going to escape, you can either boost out of the base with grenades, or you can use another, extremely annoying trick: get a nadepack, start reloading and press the nade button... but don't release it! Your soldier will be flooding the enemy with death itself, allowing you to escape safely.

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 12:13:22 pm »
I learned my own little quirk with Grenades.

Since I hug the Ruger like no ones business, I made a combo.

If you can time it just right, before a 'nade hits the enemy, place a throat or chest shot on him. You have to do this before the smoke cloud from the 'nade comes in. Since the damage from both will more then likely kill him, it's a good way to start off skirmishes and teammatches when your team isn't the dominent player roster.

I wish this combo could be deadlier. If your bullet collided with the 'nade, it should explode. But it doesn't. Just think how choice it would be to chuck a 'nade in someones face then just fire a round straight through it. The bullet would pass through the 'nade and player quickly, and then boom.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 12:23:21 pm »
i just throw one behind the enemy and one infront so he is trapped, i then shoot and m79 so if he tries to jet to get away , *splat*
well i try :/

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 01:04:31 pm »
I wish this combo could be deadlier. If your bullet collided with the 'nade, it should explode. But it doesn't. Just think how choice it would be to chuck a 'nade in someones face then just fire a round straight through it. The bullet would pass through the 'nade and player quickly, and then boom.
Yeah, I would like that. Put it in the game suggestions. It would be cool since you could blow it if the nade doesn't hit him. Although you could defend against the nades simply by pay and spray.
Name:     Snipufin
Position:    Soldier

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 03:42:57 pm »
try to aim a little bit lower than your enemy's foot, if you hit them on the foot, you will get an instant kill. -from "the law of conservation of grenades"

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 06:08:47 pm »
Remember that when you throw nades at ppl's feet, when they r standing on the ground, aim for the ground right in front of them, not their feet.  That way it will roll into their feet, and the margin of error works in ur favor.  u don't want to accidentally hit their shins, for less damage.

And no matter what anyone tells you, nade spamming owns!
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 09:32:16 pm »
when you see an enemy charging at you on foot, first throw 2 nades toward their feet. Then finish them, if they are not already dead.

If they are attacking you and you are both in the air, throw several nades im the direction of their head, or if it is easier, the center of their body, then finish them with whatever weapon you have.

I usually use nades as my primary and mp5 as my secondary.
There are other worlds than these

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 09:37:28 pm »
^lol.  sometimes i do too... usually not though.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 09:40:20 pm »
Like the knife, just play around with throwing them so you can adapt to the distance that the can travel to. If you can do that, you can drastically improve your grenade aim, and get direct shots by simply picking people out of the sky by smacking them in the face with a grenade or two. I used to be good with grenade throwing, but I keep drooping away, I need to get back into it. You can pull off some great moves, like nade boosting the FFC, on CTF, you can knock people clear out of the sky in seconds, and you can nade boost your self off of other peoples heads (my personal fav).
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 10:12:55 pm »
i dind't read all the replies - but i found out something important:
if you throw it so that the grenade comes in contact with the enemy's FEET you have a better chance of killing if they have full health.  That means either throw it on the floor in front of them (you could just let it roll down if you're passing him fast) or, if in mid-air (both of you) and you're below the enemy, throw it at his feet!  Usually guaranteed kill (if server acknowledges the hit).

Also, it is not always important to throw with full-power.  If you're running toward him at high speed just tap the throw button (long enough though to actually release the grenade) and let it roll in front of the enemy...

Also, you don't have to stop firing your gun while you're throwing your grenade...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 10:17:52 pm »
I never ever nade boost because I just don't see the point in wasting precious health when you could just master running and back flipping to run faster.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 11:57:51 pm »
The best grenade tip in the world is to combine a low ping, a nade and a shotgun. Basicaly you jump above an enemy, launch a grenade and at the exact same time (which you can do with the spas) fire a butt load of lead shot into their face. In fact, because of the spread the spas gets, and the momentum carried by jumping straight into a battle, you can rack up a multi-kill in seconds :)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 03:22:04 am »
This is a great trick to use in Kampf. You'll need a fair bit of health though, and as always a bit of luck. Everybody whos played soldat knows that once you get into the flag area in Kampf it'll get filled with nades, and if you dont get out of there you're going to get nuked. The trick is, to float above the nades (with the flag obviously). Then when the nades blow they're going to shoot you like a bullet into the air and into the high route, turning a deadly nade into an escape tool. Yay for explosions!

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 03:59:20 am »
combine a low ping
Not an option for me :(

1. What kind of player do you consider yourself to be?  Agile or rather staionary.
2. What weapon do you use?
1. A rusher, I like to go in fast and hard.
2. Mp5, AK and Ruger mainly or M79 for close quarters such as nuubia and voland.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 04:42:37 am »
I never ever nade boost because I just don't see the point in wasting precious health when you could just master running and back flipping to run faster.

The rabbit is fast aswell, yet it gets eaten by the fox, because it is faster. Nade boosting makes a huge difference, especially when you're fighting a battle uphill ( think B2b or Laos ). With a boost, you'll be nullifying the distance, and thus the hight advantage of your opponents, eventually gaining this advantage yourself ( not to mention that the faster you travel the more damage your bullets deal ). It's common math: you'd lose more health taking fire from an enemy above you than from a well executed grenade boost.

Offline elo elo 3 2 0

• Major(1)
  • aka krasnal :)
    • (L)
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 05:14:06 am »

correct nade boosting shouldnt touch your health bar

imho throwing nades is one of the most important skills for auto user [or m79er- grenade + rocketjump @ maya, kampf, ash...]

solution? Die Ubungen machen der Meister (or sth like that :P)
OGARNIJ SIĘ I ZROZUM ŻE SŁABY NIE JESTEM, ELO

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 05:21:21 am »
Spamming nades are great for deathmatch especially for small maps like arena2. :D

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 05:26:15 am »
Yaya nadespam is fun and all that but I can't really afford to since the server settings and are max nades 2 or 3, more often 2 which sucks.
You know what else sucks about Aussie rules? The first map is always b2b, no matter what. Which happens to be my least favourite ;Q