Author Topic: Flying weapon damage (FWD)  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Cube

• Camper
  • Go Cube go!
    • Cube's Portal
Flying weapon damage (FWD)
« on: January 24, 2007, 04:25:28 pm »
I think, and I think you don't think so, but I still think it's a good idea to implent this:

Code: [Select]
Flying weapon damages a Soldier.

This means, that when you throw a weapon and it hits the target with a certain velocity, it causes somehow damage. I think this is both realistic and fun, because such a weapon is not just 1kg, its usually much more, and getting such a thing in your face might be slightly painful and damaging your body, too (in real life), so why not implenting it into soldat?

of course it shouldn't damage it that much as a knife does, or as a (not implented yet, but being discussed) flying chainsaw.

There could be also weights for weapons, e.g. the Minigun weights most and the deagles less or whatever, it's up to you and Michal Marckinkowski (MM).

DISCUSS
Hmm, any idea what to write here?

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
Re: Flying weapon damage (FWD)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:28:35 pm »
How is this a Soldat Moment? And no.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:35:39 pm »
No, sorry. :/

If I'm at 1% health, I'm about to grab a medikit, and a weapon from above hits me on the head and kills me just before grabbing that medikit, that would be quite frustrating and unnecessary. :(

Also, how would we catch weapons in mid-air anymore? We would have to wait until they hit the ground and stop bouncing before picking them up, which wastes precious time.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Cube

• Camper
  • Go Cube go!
    • Cube's Portal
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:36:58 pm »
I'm sorry, wrong forum. Ok, you don't like it. I personnaly don't like it that much too, but don't ask me nooby questions why I posted this here :P

Date Posted: January 24, 2007, 10:36:14 PM
hmm yes, your right, you would hve to make 'em bounce. ok bad idea.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:31:42 am by Cube »
Hmm, any idea what to write here?

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:25:38 pm »
Unnecessary, it's not like you can 'throw' a weapon at someone if you run out of infinite ammo.

And for Christ's sake, stop requesting topics be locked, be it your own or someone else's.