Poll

A reasonable idea?

Yes
4 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Campaign mode could alter order of maps on a server  (Read 1172 times)

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
Campaign mode could alter order of maps on a server
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:19:32 am »
What if depending on what team won a match, the next map would be different? It could allow a story line, or the next map could match the terrain that the losing team would have to retreat across. If bravo spawns at the opening of a cave and they lose, the next map would take place in a cave. Also, depending on who won, the next map might confer an advantage to one team. This could be abused though (everyone joins the uphill team). If the campaign would work better with only two teams, map programmers can always box in charlie and delta in the corners of the map.

On the start game screen, one could program the order of maps and their conditions for the next map. Start with map one, if alpha wins, go here, if charlie wins, go here, etc. If one team pushes the other team to the last map (ie. bravo is annihilated down in the cave) it would reset and alpha would have won the war. What do you guys think? It would be versatile and might give a more epic war feel to soldat. It doesn't sound that hard to program.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 02:02:29 am by {depth}shaman »
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: Campaign mode could alter order of maps on a server
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:29:52 am »
Nice idea. Could all be done with the scripting system methinks.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:08:28 am »
Especially since lately I've been playing many more sub-gamemodes (hover, tw, kz, rce) than I usually do, I would really look forward into playing this  :)

To make it even better not only for this but other games, hope 1.3.2 includes an option for the number of teams in a teammatch.
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline mortal_soldier

• Major
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:49:52 am »
*borat voice* very niceeeee  :)

could it also be possible in the future to mix ctf, dm, maps together so it would switch game mode depending on the map....so you could have deathmatchand then it would jump to capture the flag and so on.....like in cs you can have defuse and hostage rescue on the same server for example
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 04:51:23 am by mortal_soldier »
the day microsoft makes something that doesn´t suck, is the day the make a vacuum cleaner.

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 05:57:18 am »
how do i insert a poll for this one?
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:51:37 pm »
There is a "Poll+" post button in the top- or bottom-right of the thread, between "Reply" and "Notify"

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:35:34 am »
When I first heard campaign mode, I thought you spoke of a single player mode that would change in regards to how we progressed through it giving us a different outcome at the end of every game providing that you can live through it with the use of limited resources such as the health packs which don't exactly recharge all for your health instantaneously but does so in a gradual manner for the amount that it's suppose to apply like someone healing from the effects of antibiotics on an infected system. How the mission was completed would give the circumstances for the next stage like...

"Ren appears to be a potential danger. I would suggest that you take her out first before going after the undead. They would just be her cover like her colleagues were last time. So what two set of weapons can I supply you with this round (name here). I would suggest the rugar since it's not as loud as the sniper rifle will be and you can take her out from a reasonable distance with some method of escape."

You know, in light of this, I may bring up a suggestion of a single player campaign mode, providing that I remember to do so. But I support your idea all the same.

Vote + 1.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon