Author Topic: Strange insight into Soldat coding ... Part II !  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
Strange insight into Soldat coding ... Part II !
« on: January 25, 2007, 03:39:34 pm »
Alright, I'll keep this short : I was mucking around trying to do 'something' (like I'm gonna tell you guys) with the chainsaw. To condense a longer story, I ended up finding something decidedly funky about the chainsaw, so go ahead and check it oot ;)

And I'll make this a little challenge, try to figure out what settings I used. It's not for prize money or anything, I'd just like to see if you guys can get it :)

Edit: Calm down, calm down. Don't all of you post at once.

Edit: Due to ruthless demands by Jgrp I am now posting what this does and it's weapon mod :

Code: [Select]
[Chainsaw]
Damage=0
FireInterval=0
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=10
Speed=4500
BulletStyle=13
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

What this does, for some odd reason, is prevent people from moving past a certain point. Wherever you're pointing the gun at you fly towards at high (but not hacking) speeds. No idea how or why it works.

Ps. jrgp is a party pooper.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 05:15:43 pm by Raithah »

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Strange insight into Soldat coding ... Part II !
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:58:42 pm »
I really don't want to play the guessing game. If you found something interesting, please just post the weapons mod and describe exactly what it does.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:13:37 pm »
Aw phooie, you sure aren't that fun. No wonder the karma's at -280 ;) Just kiddn', I'll post it up right now.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:28:52 pm »
And I'll make this a little challenge, try to figure out what settings I used. It's not for prize money or anything, I'd just like to see if you guys can get it :)

Edit: Calm down, calm down. Don't all of you post at once.

Edit: Due to ruthless demands by Jgrp I am now posting what this does and it's weapon mod :
Ahahahahha  ;D
I'll try it out now and check out the chainsaw.

Edit: Wow that was odd.. can't really explain what I just saw (<- lol pun)

Anyway I'll try to explain  :) ... so
What this does, for some odd reason, is prevent people from moving past a certain point. Wherever you're pointing the gun at you fly towards at high (but not hacking) speeds. No idea how or why it works.
I think you can only shoot in a certain direction depending on where you are in the map.
Eg. On left side of ctf_Ash you can go right and when your on right side vice versa. But once your in the middle you can go both ways.

BTW nice find.

-Lol tried to add demo but the .sdm extension is not permitted... in the SoldatForums  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 05:45:53 pm by Frenchie »
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 05:49:41 pm »
You need to change the .sdm to a .txt and remind people to change it on their computers. It's a bug that Flies like a brick (the mod) will hopefuly soon fix :)

And I actualy already have an explaination for this, but this time I'm not going to say it. My lips are sealed until someone posts their own theory. It doesn't even have to be right, just substantiated.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 07:23:11 pm »

That is the coolest freaking thing i've seen in Soldat since the first time I actually saw (ahuahuhauha.) soldat. What the hell happened? And has anyone actually tried this in a server with other people?

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 07:26:24 pm »
I can't run servers because of the three firewall programs I run on my network, but I'd assume people would get kicked for spamming. You can get kicked for making too many knives right ?

Offline L0n3W01f

• Major(1)
  • W00t Aug complete with grenade launcher FTW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 08:24:48 pm »
I dunno, i wouldnt think so.. ???
LΩÑ3wΩLƒ

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 09:27:13 pm »
I You can get kicked for making too many knives right ?

Yeah, I got kicked for using that bug where you crouch in a collider and throw knives which duplicate. It said '-[N/A]- Spiff has been kicked for suspected cheats or something.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 10:23:28 pm »
:O YOU'RE SPIFF?!?!?!?!?!??!
It's so obvious.. "I dont like soup" is under your avatar....

Ontopic: Freaky find... Haha I wonder if MM knows about this?

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 10:43:07 pm »
After the last time I found something odd, I'm pretty sure that this won't come as too much of a surprise. So don't worry, some moderator will come around and alert him somehow ;)

Edit: Spiff ? Who's he, the Spaceman from Calvin and Hobbes ?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:45:21 pm by Raithah »