Author Topic: xbox 360  (Read 2838 times)

Offline mattraupp

• Major(1)
xbox 360
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:44:40 pm »
Soldat would make an awesome xbox 360 arcade game...  It would be perfect for xbox live (better than pc imho)...

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
Re: xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 07:45:35 pm »
First people want it on the PSP now this.  Can you imagine how hard it would be to aim?

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 09:21:41 pm »
well actually, there is a great way to aim!  the poisiton of the joystick relative to its default position would be the direction of your aiming.  there really is only one reason to have an actual cursor;  to determine how far away from you you want to see.  On the xbox, this would be determined by how far you pull/push your joystick away from center.

The only (and obvious) problem is that MM I believe doesn't code games for xbox... Too bad  :-\
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 09:24:57 pm »
Have you ever played madness interactive?  That type of aiming would be extremely difficult for long range, campers would have to be pro.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 09:26:56 pm »
it would be impossible to shoot somone in front of you then shoot behind you really fast, unless sensetivity was jacked up, which would make aiming that much harder
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 10:00:28 pm »
not rly T-Bone, if you have read why i wrote you would know how your issue can be resolved.  When your joystick is pushed to the left, that does not mean it's going to move the cursor left relative to where it was.  It means it's going to put your aim to the left of you.  That way, the speed at which you can toggle your joystic from one side to the other determines how fast you can turn around.  READ plz b4 posting!

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 10:42:12 pm »
Great.  More porting ideas.
 >:(

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline mattraupp

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 10:43:26 pm »
mm wouldn't have to code it, he just needs to sell rights to microsoft and collect money...  Control would be different then mouse and keyboard but it could be done...  I've played counterstrike on pc and xbox, there are just as many people with great aim on the xbox despite the fact that people say mouse and keyboard is better...

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 11:56:55 pm »
selling your rights to a big company is like making a deal with the devil!!
I'm away.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 12:05:20 am »
no it ain't!  they can actually do something great out of this unique game...  I think he should do it :P

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 02:13:49 am »
sorry guys, this has been discussed in other threads and will never happen.